INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adjustment for files without replaygain  (Read 1105 times)

AndrewUK1990

Adjustment for files without replaygain
« on: January 16, 2011, 11:01:04 am »

Hi all, i have one problem with Media Centre 15; in that the Replaygain or 'Volume Leveling' plugin is quite basic tbh. It is very limited in its practical use and i find myself turning it off and just adjusting the level of the preamp slider myself between tracks which is very annoying.

The problem i find is that there is no option for dB adjustment to files without replaygain tags. Therefore whenever i play music that is from my mp3 player plugged into pc running from MC15 or at a party when people often plug-in and change ipods etc to play the music off my hifi which is hooked up to my pc using Media Center 15 it clips and becomes too loud!! In order to correct it i have to manually either set the fixed dB slider in volume levelling to something like -8dB or the preamp.

I find this such a basic problem to solve and it would persuade me to buy this software and use it instead of Winamp and Foobar which i use atm, which have much better replaygain control options.

To conclude, I would basically like to see a new 'volume leveler' aka Replaygain which has all the same adjustments as can be found on Foobar and Winamp, if this happens im sold, if not then i cant see myself being able to put up with the annoyance of changing the loudness of each track manually. Also i find that the 89dB standard to be better than 83dB but that is just personal preference and not really and issue here.

Any advice or info would be great also,

Regards,

Andrew.
Pages: [1]   Go Up