INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature request (Thumbnail size)  (Read 1971 times)

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Cheers
Feature request (Thumbnail size)
« on: January 17, 2011, 10:59:20 am »

Either instead of or in addition to the thumbnail slider I would like to have a text entry box to enter the number of thumbs per row.
The system is already keeping data on the splitter placements so it would be basic math to come up with the thumb size.
If you found that difficult to setup, a field where you enter the width of the individual thumb would work and I'll do my own math.
The slider is overly sensitive IMO even a +/- set of buttons would work.
Sean

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Feature request (Thumbnail size)
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 03:10:43 pm »

Either instead of or in addition to the thumbnail slider I would like to have a text entry box to enter the number of thumbs per row.
The system is already keeping data on the splitter placements so it would be basic math to come up with the thumb size.
If you found that difficult to setup, a field where you enter the width of the individual thumb would work and I'll do my own math.
The slider is overly sensitive IMO even a +/- set of buttons would work.

Try mouse-wheeling over the slider.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

rick.ca

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 05:29:14 pm »

What would be useful would be some way to "snap" to exactly 1, 2, 3... rows of thumbnails, and for it to stay that way—as they're scrolled using the mouse wheel. It doesn't seem to be a problem if a thumbnail is selected and then arrow keys are used for scrolling, or if the scroll bar is used. I suppose the problem is the mouse pointer has to be over the window if the wheel is to scroll, and then the focus is changed to the thumbnail under the pointer. But it does the same thing if the pointer is kept over the scroll bar as the wheel is used. :-\

To illustrate the problem...The first screen shot is the beginning of a selection of about 400 images. Using the arrow keys or scroll bar to scroll, there will always be exactly for images displayed. Using my preferred mouse wheel, however, it looks like the second shot after just four clicks of the wheel.

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 12:24:17 am »

Try mouse-wheeling over the slider.
Thank you!
Sean

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 12:35:40 am »

What would be useful would be some way to "snap" to exactly 1, 2, 3... rows of thumbnails, and for it to stay that way—as they're scrolled using the mouse wheel. It doesn't seem to be a problem if a thumbnail is selected and then arrow keys are used for scrolling, or if the scroll bar is used. I suppose the problem is the mouse pointer has to be over the window if the wheel is to scroll, and then the focus is changed to the thumbnail under the pointer. But it does the same thing if the pointer is kept over the scroll bar as the wheel is used. :-\

To illustrate the problem...The first screen shot is the beginning of a selection of about 400 images. Using the arrow keys or scroll bar to scroll, there will always be exactly for images displayed. Using my preferred mouse wheel, however, it looks like the second shot after just four clicks of the wheel.

That isn't possible due to varying aspect ratios you could only have a snap to top/bottom.
I like the idea of snap though.
Sean

rick.ca

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 01:03:24 am »

That isn't possible due to varying aspect ratios you could only have a snap to top/bottom.

I don't think so. The thumbnails are already resized so images of varying aspect ratios appear in equal-sized rows and columns. If this were not so, it wouldn't be possible to scroll them using arrow key or the scroll bar either. It may not be possible because it's under the control of the mouse driver, but I'm hoping whatever that's doing (e.g., scrolling some number of lines) can be translated into the same result as up/down arrows.

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 01:53:15 am »

I don't think so. The thumbnails are already resized so images of varying aspect ratios appear in equal-sized rows and columns. If this were not so, it wouldn't be possible to scroll them using arrow key or the scroll bar either. It may not be possible because it's under the control of the mouse driver, but I'm hoping whatever that's doing (e.g., scrolling some number of lines) can be translated into the same result as up/down arrows.

I misunderstood what you were saying and didn't think about it being able to alter the vertical spacing to achieve an even number of rows.
Sean
Pages: [1]   Go Up