INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Year of release through cue sheets  (Read 1215 times)

Veovis

• Recent member
Year of release through cue sheets
« on: January 13, 2011, 01:45:00 pm »

Hi,

I'm new to J River media Center and like the sound of it. One problem though; I mostly use single wav files with cue sheets. Works fine apart from the fact that the program does not seem to read the "REM DATE" line in the cue sheet properly. The year of release doesen't register and is reported as "unknown" in the library. Doesn't seem to matter if it's in ANSI or UTF8 format. Any plans to fix this (or am I missing something)?

Thx.

Veovis

• Recent member
Re: Year of release through cue sheets
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 03:06:37 am »

*bump*

Noone?

May seem like a tiny detail but this is the only thing preventing me from upgrading J River from demo to retail version. All other media players I've tested, from Foobar to Slim server, can use the release date info in cue sheets.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 05:28:34 am »

Apparently MC is not designed to read remarked lines (aka lines that start with REM) and interpret them as tag fields.

In addition to filling the Album, Artist and Name fields from the cue file, MC can import at least the Genre, Date and Album Artist values from the referenced audio source file if these file tags exist (which obviously is not the case with your wave files). It may be able to read some other tags too, but I have not tested this.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Veovis

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 06:31:22 am »

Ok. I'll have to go with another player then. Thanks for your response though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up