INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Test which Zone is currently in focus  (Read 1063 times)

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Test which Zone is currently in focus
« on: July 10, 2011, 02:45:32 am »

My high-end headphones system are one zone and my low-end office speakers are second zone.  Certain music sounds terrible on the headphones (eg modern compressed stuff) and I just started wondering whether, when using smartlists to select a random album, I could query the current zone I was in and make a better album selection for that zone; in other words only select well recorded stuff for the headphones and filter out the rubbish...

I don't think it's possible to query the currently focussed zone in a smartlist, but figured I'd ask?  If not, could I add this as a request please.

Cheers,

Mark

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Test which Zone is currently in focus
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 10:37:13 am »

I don't think so.  But try this as another solution.  Go to your smartlist, and then modify its result by searching for the criteria you want.   Then play the results to the zone.  Use your criteria such as non-mp3's or only FLACs, etc.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 11:12:55 am »

Yeah, I could do that, but I have media keys on my PC set to trigger smartlists in MC via the command line so I was hoping to automate it if at all possible...

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 06:50:47 am »

Found another reason I want to be able to reference zones from smartlists...

I want to alter my LastFM filter to not scrobble plays in my "twilight zone".  This is a zone I use to play stuff silently (eg when MC corrupts the last played fields and I need to "re-play" my files but don't want them scrobbled...)
Pages: [1]   Go Up