Devices > Sound Cards, DAC's, Receivers, Speakers, and Headphones

Asus Essence ST Asio fix and questions

<< < (4/5) > >>

Gislon:
Thanks for patience. Found the internal volume control, and am now using ASIO mode with Win7, MC16 and Xonar stx.

It plays fine if I don't touch the computer. But if I try and do anything else (internet etc) it pops and stutters - exactly as described at the top of this post. Have upgraded to unified 1793 drivers, and have tried reinstalling, but same problem.

I'll try changing buffer options, but does anyone have info on mismatched drivers? I used to use ASIO with XP and foobar, and didn't get the pops and stutters.

mojave:

--- Quote from: a9eenis ---When I first opened the ASIO config tool, the ASIO bit depth was set to 16bit, this I confirmed by the entry in the registry. Even though I had just been playing a 24bit audio track.
--- End quote ---
This was from the first post and I saw earlier this week that it was a Asus driver issue. It was fixed 2/14/11 with driver 7.12.8.1793. The bit depth actually was 24 bit, but was being reported incorrectly.

--- Quote from: Asus website ---1. Fix: When first open ASIO Panel, the Bit info is not shown correctly issue.
--- End quote ---

Thunderbolt:
hi, my first post  ;D

have to ask, because its not 100% clear to me (I am using the latest uni drivers 1794):

does asio now only do automatic sample rate changing or also automatic bitdepth changing? those two terms got confused sometimes in this thread.

in my registry, there are two "params" directories (two hyroglyph directories with one "param" subdir each) in my case for the asio entry. one of them 3 entries (apart from 'default'), the other has two entries more than the other, "bitdepth" and "LatencySel". strangely, the samplingRate value only changes for that "param" directory with the 3 entries, but not in the other one (it always remains there at 96kHz). but the other one includes the bitdepth field, which never changes automatically at all, but only when I choose another bitdepth via die asio control panel.

so now I am wondering, why these 2 different "param" directories in the registry and why does the bitdepth not change in the registry automatically? automatic sample rate change seems to be pretty useless to me if bitdepth cannot change automatically as well, the output is not supposed to be 100% lossless then if input and output bitrate dont correspond to each other.

another thing, does wasapi generally do upsampling and not change samplerate or bitdepth automatically? or does this depend on the audio card drivers?
does anyone have the registry entry for wasapi to check this?

jesseinsf:

--- Quote from: Gislon on June 17, 2011, 06:00:23 am ---Thanks for patience. Found the internal volume control, and am now using ASIO mode with Win7, MC16 and Xonar stx.

It plays fine if I don't touch the computer. But if I try and do anything else (internet etc) it pops and stutters - exactly as described at the top of this post. Have upgraded to unified 1793 drivers, and have tried reinstalling, but same problem.

I'll try changing buffer options, but does anyone have info on mismatched drivers? I used to use ASIO with XP and foobar, and didn't get the pops and stutters.

--- End quote ---
you should have 2 audio sources and set the system default to the Audio source that MC won't use. That happenes to me when in exclisive mode.

stealth82:

--- Quote from: Gislon on June 17, 2011, 06:00:23 am ---Thanks for patience. Found the internal volume control, and am now using ASIO mode with Win7, MC16 and Xonar stx.

--- End quote ---
Same problem here. Windows 7, latest Xonar Unified drivers low latency. The only reliable solution is to use WASAPI.
Anytime I navigate the interface or I use any other programs the playback is spoiled by intermittent cracks, pops, stutters you name it. Once I stop using the mouse they stop, I didn't check if they occur also when using the keyboard.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version