INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MJ8 crashing system when burning CD  (Read 1081 times)

kthln

MJ8 crashing system when burning CD
« on: June 10, 2002, 01:52:41 pm »

I had MJ7 which worked fine(windows XP).  Recently downloaded MJ8 and when I burn a CD, it's crashing my system.  It get's all the way to the writing process and then shuts down my whole system to a restart.  Any suggestions??

TURBO

RE:MJ8 crashing system when burning CD
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2002, 03:41:31 pm »

Here we go again. Try digital unbuffered in options/device settings/copy mode/.

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2002, 04:29:49 pm »

Turbo,

Do you take mastercard or visa?

Thanks,

Jim
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

TURBO

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2002, 05:16:43 pm »

I do prefer COD.

JohnT

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2002, 05:50:45 pm »

Kthln-

Try going to the CD writer settings page and check the "use generic driver" option to see if that works better for you.

Also, if you're running Windows 2000/NT/or XP, try installing some software called "aspi" which you can get at this link:
http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/support/drivers_by_product.html?cat=%2fProduct%2fASPI-4.70&prodkey=ASPI-4.70#Microsoft%20Windows%202000
Follow the link "Setup & Installation Windows Aspi Package" for directions on installing after you download the correct file for your operating system.

- John T.
JRiver, Inc.

kthln

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2002, 02:51:37 am »

Help!  none of these suggestions fixed the problem.  Any  more ideas?

Chris H.

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2002, 03:12:09 am »

I have the same crash N burn problems.  Probably the only real solution it to uninstall MJ8.0.293, then reintall MJ7|PLS|, then install MJ8 beta, and restore your license from a back up file.  You might try visiting the Windows XP Update site, run the scan, and add the patch they have for CD burn problems.  However, this didn't work for me.  My latest strategy is to open the JRiver folder, find all the .exe (application) files, click on each one, and change the compatibility mode for all the .exe files to Win 98/ME.  I suspect there is something in the MJ8.0.293 program that just doesn't get along with some video card drivers.  But only God and maybe Bill Gates knows.

TURBO

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2002, 04:37:31 am »

I dont recommend you the latest sugestion of unninstallig MJ8. I use to have a lot of system crashings when I was using voice reconigtion enable. Make sure you dont have any voice or speech reconigtion enable in (Office or any other software).

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2002, 05:28:59 am »

Not sure what's going on. Some random ideas:

Are you burning an audio or data mode CD?
If audio, try turning off the "direct mp3 decoding" option in CD writer settings. Try just one track and listen to it first to see if it plays ok. Set the writing speed to 2X and enable "test mode". Try it with "generic driver" unchecked.
Also, post your system information here ("System info..." under the Help menu in MJ).

Thanks,
John T.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

kthln

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2002, 02:32:33 pm »

I GIVE UP!  I am now getting error messagesNext Pagestart dao recording command failed/cue sheet rejected by the cd rom recorder).  it's not my cdr as i can burn in windows media player.
System info: media jukebox plus 8.0.293/cpu Int Pent 4/ micorosoft windows xp/aspi 4.70.
i downloaded aspi v4.71-MJ not picking it up.
Version 7 no problems, what's up?  I've tried changing settings as suggested.
Also went in and tried to check on my license and registration and it can't be found even tho' i have my receipt for e-mail address kthlnstz@msn.com.  Could this be the problem from going to 8 from 7?
by the way--thanks for all the help and attention to this problem!!  I love MJ and would like to keep it if problem can be resolved.
Pages: [1]   Go Up