INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Resolved (musta been brain dead) PLEASE remove Thumbnail temp save location  (Read 2125 times)

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Cheers

As some of you may or may have not noticed I am developing a rainmeter skin, I am currently testing with MC 16.
I retrieve album art for the skin from user\appdata\roaming\jriver\media center 15\temp\thumbnails in my MC15 version.
In MC16 I can not find where the temp thumbnails are saved any ideas? I did a search of my system drive based on the info
I got from http://localhost:52198/MCWS/v1/Playback/Info?Zone=-1
I want the skin to be MC16 ready when 16 goes public.
Sean

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
Re: Thumbnail temp save location
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 11:01:10 pm »

ok so I found a temp file and it appears that temp duties have been passed off to the web browser
can you PLEASE revert back to using the MC temp folder if not you will kill my album art in
rainmeter since it doesn't know where to look for the file due to a browser using cryptic names.
Sean

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

Sorry if I'm being dense, but could you explain how your skin is calling out a thumbnail?

Are you using the automation SDK, or a Track Info template, or what?

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers

My skin is using a Web Parser to read various xml files served by the MCWS interface.
I use perl regular expressions to only retrieve the data I need which is used my meters that
can display images or string data.
If interested download Rainmeter 2.0 and my skin and have a look. It's not complete but you can get an idea of how it works.
Rainmeter is a pretty powerful tool.
Sean
Pages: [1]   Go Up