INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: media scheduler problem  (Read 1183 times)

jamie

media scheduler problem
« on: June 10, 2002, 10:33:10 am »

Hopefully someone has the answer to this one and if it has been asked forgive me but I can't seem to find any discussion about it.

Anyway, when I attempt to use Media Scheduler everything works fine right up until the point when recording is supposed to start. The icon in the lower right hand corner flashes, I see message that counts down the final seconds before the recording is to start, and then I get an error message that says that the program is going to be shut down. I have a trial version of this program and I have been really happy with everything else up to this point and I am ready to pay for it, but I want to make sure that I can schedule events before I do pay for it. any help would be really appreciated

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
RE:media scheduler problem
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2002, 10:37:41 am »

If you aren't using 8.0.293, please update.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

jamie

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2002, 06:06:40 pm »

Installed latest version of media jukebox 8.0.293 and I still cannot get the scheduler to record. I continue to get fatal error message. any suggestions? I'm about to give up on MJB and try some other program, which is too bad because other than this, i have really liked MJB, but scheduling is what I really need and want out of a program. Thanks for any advice!

Raymond

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2002, 06:04:30 am »

Jamie,
    What task did you set to do that causes that failure, "Start Recording" or "Start TV Recording"? If TV recording, what kind of hardware do you have? Also what OS are you running?

Ray

jamie

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2002, 06:09:35 am »

I am attempting to use the Record Mode. I am recording using the microphone setting and I am using windows 98. Thanks for any advice you can give!!!

Raymond

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2002, 07:46:40 am »

Jamie,
    I am working on it under Windows 98 machine. Will MJ shut down if you try to record directly from MJ?

Ray

Raymond

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2002, 12:14:38 pm »

Jamie,
     There is a alternative solution to your problem. Create a custom task, select the path to Media Jukebox.exe. Under Command Line enter (/StartRecord /src:1 /art:"artist name" /alb:"album name"). the 1 after /src: means microphone, Line-in would be 0, CD Audio would be 2..... artist name and album name are optional. Unfortunately custom task do not have a stop time. if you still have problem you can email me at hftey @ jriver.com

Ray

Jamie

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2002, 07:21:03 am »

Ray,

Thanks for all your postings thus far. You asked if MJ shuts down if I record directly from MJ and the answer is sometimes. Everything works fine for the majority of the time but once in a while when I go to use MJ I get the fatal error message (this program will be shut down), the same message I get when I use Media Scheduler. Thanks!

Larry

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2002, 08:10:48 pm »

I was having a similar problem under Windows 98 with both version 7 and the beta of version 8.  Changing to windows 2000 solved this proble for version 7 and it is runnung fine with the new version of 8.
Pages: [1]   Go Up