INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Version 7x  (Read 782 times)

ronniej

Version 7x
« on: June 10, 2002, 08:43:04 am »

Can I re-download version 7?
I installed version 8 and told it not to delete my old version, but it did anyway.
If I could find the version 7x, I have my reg backed up.

Charlemagne 8

• Citizen of the Universe
RE:Version 7x
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2002, 08:53:09 am »

Some people have had luck with cleaning their registry although that didn't work for me the one time I tried it. One of the Beta releases wouldn't work at all on Windows 98SE. I didn't try very hard or very long because that problem was fixed the next day.
It might be easier to fix whatever difficulties you're having with Version 8. If it's just the license issue, I think that a Version 7 license will work with Version 8.
If it's something else, speak it, post your "system info" and someone will try to help.
Cviii

BTW, you probably still have the original zipped MJ7 package somewhere on your machine unless you deleted it yourself.
That's right.
I'm cool.

ronniej

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2002, 09:09:23 am »

No I was not really having any paticular problem with version 8, just thought I would try it out and see if it was worth paying ANOTHER 25 bucks, but I did not see any big difference worth paying for it again. Vesion 7 works with 8, but I had bought version 6 and was upgradeable to 7 but not 8. I probably have the old version somewhere on a backup cd, or on another drive, but I just thought it would be easier to re-download. I did not know that it would not be available on the site, and would not have any email support with the company. Thanks anyway....

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2002, 09:21:49 am »

Yeah, this IS the support site. Pretty much manned 24 hours a day because it's global.
I used Version 5, bought Version 6, beta-tested and used Version 7 and bought, Beta-tested and am now using Version 8. I think it's quite a bit better but that's just my opinion. You are certainly entitled to yours.
You're about a week late with this as the web site had Version 7.280 until then. Good luck with finding it. It's probably out there somewhere. I've got copies all the way back to Version 5 but I have no way to make them available. Wish I could help.
CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2002, 09:55:11 am »

tarcman1973

I think you might find version 7 On The Internet Someplace..

J River Normaly Takes Down The Older Versions. You Should Have Burned It To CD-Rom, If You Find It You May Want To Do That.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2002, 04:42:21 pm »

tarcman1973,
If you can't find Version 7, e-mail me.
Ok, JimH?
CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

JimH

• Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2002, 05:12:17 pm »

C8
Roger.  Thanks for asking.

We take old versions down because people download them, buy them, then realize there's something newer, and aren't happy.

For the same reason, we will soon terminate the purchases of version 7 licenses.

Jim
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

ronniej

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2002, 02:19:48 am »

Thanks for the offer Charlemagne8,
I finally did find it and got it back up and running.
Thanks for the help to all who responded.
Pages: [1]   Go Up