INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can JRiver control zones in a USB/firewire multi channel sound card  (Read 2982 times)

capall

• Recent member

Can JRiver control zones in a USB/firewire multi channel analog out sound cards, such as Echo Audiofire 12, M-Audio Fast Track Ultra
also can it control all zones if using 2x M-audio 1010LT PCI cards

Thanks
Capall

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
Re: Can JRiver control zones in a USB/firewire multi channel sound card
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 01:54:17 pm »

Yes, you can use the outputs as separate zones and control them with MC. However it looks like you are limited by MC to 3 zones (it was originally set up for a 5.1 soundcard). I know for the AudioFire you will need to make sure you are using MC's internal volume control for the zones. The master volume control only works on the initial two channels. I'm not sure whether you can use both 1010LT cards. It would depend on whether the OS allows and recognizes both cards. You have to use Direct Sound output (no WASAPI, ASIO, or Kernel Streaming) in order to select which channels go with which zones. The AudioFire supports Direct Sound, but I'm not sure about the 1010LT.

I purchased the AudioFire 8 to compare to my Essence ST with H6 daughtercard. The Essence ST sounds better, can be inside the HTPC, and works better with Windows 7 if using other applications or gaming.

A simpler solution and more flexible solution might be to use the new Id for each zone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up