INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center and Logitech Revue  (Read 1983 times)

Bryan

• World Citizen
Media Center and Logitech Revue
« on: February 11, 2011, 01:42:36 pm »

Hello,

I have a dying Logitech Squeezebox controller and I have been given a 50% discount on any new Logitech product since my squeezebox is out of warranty.. I am considering the Revue to replace the Squeezebox but my primary interest is music playback rather than TV or Web browsing..  It's cool it does all those things and I will definitely use them but I primarly want a easy and reliable, and responsive way to play the 12,000 Flac files I have stored on my networked Windows PC.

I am unable to locate any screenshots of the Revue music menus or playback screens..   Does anyone know of any or has any useful tips when using the Revue with J River Media Center?

I currently run the Media Center Server for access from other PC's .. Can I run the DLNA server component at the same time?

I'm currently running MC14 but wouldn't have a problem upgrading if it's necessary or significantly better than 14.

Thanks
Bryan

doubrown

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Media Center and Logitech Revue
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 06:38:53 pm »

I have MC15 working with the Revue. A few issues:
1) Revue does does not support FLAC
2) I set the DLNA on MC15 to convert audio. It only works if with conversion set to low or medium bandwidth. The Revue must have a limit on the bitrates it can play. What is the bitrate on the Medium Bandwidth option?
3) The Revue seems to play most video files if video conversion is turned off. If video conversion is turned on, I always get the "Please wait. The server is preparing the file" message for a while and then the Revue seems to time out and move to the next file. Why does MC15 always seem to think the file needs conversion?

Overall, the Revue is a great device. For music playback, it doesn't compare to the combination of Squeezebox plus the iPeng app for iOS.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Media Center and Logitech Revue
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 12:45:33 pm »

I have MC15 working with the Revue. A few issues:
1) Revue does does not support FLAC
2) I set the DLNA on MC15 to convert audio. It only works if with conversion set to low or medium bandwidth. The Revue must have a limit on the bitrates it can play. What is the bitrate on the Medium Bandwidth option?
3) The Revue seems to play most video files if video conversion is turned off. If video conversion is turned on, I always get the "Please wait. The server is preparing the file" message for a while and then the Revue seems to time out and move to the next file. Why does MC15 always seem to think the file needs conversion?

Overall, the Revue is a great device. For music playback, it doesn't compare to the combination of Squeezebox plus the iPeng app for iOS.
The default video "convert when necessary" converts all media not in the baseline DLNA spec. For the PS3 and Xbox there are specific tunings to that logic.
You could try converting to a medium or high bandwidth mpeg2 stream or dvd stream if you want to avoid the "Please Wait". Also, you could just turn off video conversion and and see if it handles the files in your video library without conversion.
Pages: [1]   Go Up