INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 16.0.22  (Read 3756 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 16.0.22
« on: February 02, 2011, 04:55:47 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 16.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/MediaCenter160022.exe

16.0.22 (2/2/2011)

1. Changed: Refined how some Quicktime file types are routed to different playback engines.
2. Changed: Reduced to one the number of UAC prompts that pop up when video conversion is performed for the first time.
3. Fixed: There was no progress message when downloading and installing DirectShow filters for m4a files.
4. NEW: DSP plugins can report their internal latency, providing better audio quality when doing audio rate adjustment during video playback.
5. NEW: Last.fm submitter maintains a queue of submissions instead of a single submission so when there's no internet or Last.fm is having problems, there is no performance impact on the program and Scrobbles don't get dropped.
6. Changed: When auto-import folder watching encounters problems, it tries to reopen watches a few times and then gives up if there are continued errors (hopefully fixes issue when resuming from standby while watching certain network shares).

16.0.21 (2/1/2011)

1. Fixed: The alphabet at the top of a view would not work in category views.
2. NEW: Revised clocking used when 'Adjust audio rate to maintain video sync' is enabled (thanks to madshi for all his help).
3. Changed: Improved YouTube support to understand the latest formats (including 4K HD MP4).
4. Changed: Improved performance when starting a YouTube video.
5. NEW: Added Options > Services > YouTube > Playback bitrate for selecting bitrate / quality used when playing from YouTube (downloads still always use the highest quality avaialble).
6. NEW: Added Options > Video > Synchronize playback clock with video hardware.
7. Fixed: When the volume Id for a CD disc was not available, an incorrect database entry could get created and ripping could commence with the wrong track data.
8. Fixed: When switching playback engines (like from a natively supported audio file like an MP3 to a Quicktime file like an M4P) could block waiting for the first file to finish.

16.0.20 (1/28/2011)

1. Changed: Dutch language translation updated. (thanks bennyd)
2. Changed: Analyzer DSP lines (and other lines in the program) are drawn with anti-aliasing for a smoother look.
3. Fixed: Android video conversion was not working.

16.0.19 (1/28/2011)

1. NEW: Installing Media Center 16 for the first time on a computer with Media Center 15 will automatically migrate the library and settings from v15 to v16.
2. Changed: The installer supports an optional /NoUpgrade command line switch to disable automatic migration from v15 to v16 on a fresh install.
3. Fixed: Letter range searches / panes were not working properly.
4. Fixed: A typo on the Output Format DSP page.
5. Faster: Analyzer DSP draws much faster.
6. Fixed: Netflix movies with fullscreen aspect ratio (4:3) were not displaying correctly in Theater View.
7. Changed: Analyzer remembers customization to its frequency range.
8. Fixed: Theater View search would show untranslated field names.
9. Fixed: Netflix in Theater View would appear to freeze the UI while downloading movie lists.
10. Changed: Tuned mix ratios used with Play Doctor when selecting 'More' or 'Lots' of variety.

16.0.18 (1/26/2011)

1. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks Bytestar).
2. Fixed: The filled radio image used in Play Doctor had a visual artifact on the right edge.
3. Fixed: Library Server could unnecessarily leave requested files open for five minutes after the request finished, causing problems when deleting.
4. NEW: When files fail to be deleted or recycled, a retry / cancel dialog is shown that lists the error files.
5. Fixed: User customization to DSP ordering was not working properly (only applies to build 17).
6. Changed: When controlling a DLNA device with Gizmo or a Library Server client, the server won't show 'There was a problem controlling the selected DLNA device' errors when problems occur.
7. NEW: Play Doctor can save its rule set as a Playchart under Playlists.
8. NEW: Playcharts (from Play Doctor) can be viewed and played in Theater View, with DLNA devices, Gizmo, etc.
9. NEW: Added the ability to set what files can be included with a Playchart, to allow filtering holiday music, etc.
10. Fixed: Starting Play Doctor playback with a remote / MCC command did not work nicely (uses settings from 'Current Playchart' but uses no search so all files are played).
11. Changed: Revised 'Room Correction' channel switching system to be easier to switch channels and so that that it remembers the last used channel.
12. NEW: Added genre browsing to Theater View Netflix.

16.0.17 (1/25/2011)

1. Fixed: Performer store could appear to freeze the program if internet connection was lost.
2. NEW: Added new option Options > Video > Adjust audio rate to maintain video sync (only supported when using 'Same as device used in audio playback' as the audio device in Options > Video).
3. Fixed: Cached Wikipedia pages did not update when a new wiki language was selected.
4. Changed: Renamed the button 'Add Plug-in...' in DSP Studio to 'Manage Plug-ins...' to better represent that it can be used to uninstall, etc.
5. NEW: Added DSP Studio > Manage Plug-ins... > Reset Order to reset effects back to their default order.
6. Changed: Reverted DSP Plug-ins to their default order (drag-n-drop to order, audio flows from top to bottom except for special items 'Output Format' and 'Volume Levelling' which always happen first).
7. Fixed: Analyzer DSP could cause a crash.
8. Changed: Analyzer DSP allows entering a start and end frequency.

16.0.16 (1/24/2011)

1. Changed: Play (as radio) has changed to Play (with Play Doctor).
2. Changed: Removed Player > Play Radio... (instead, use Play Doctor in Playing Now).
3. SDK: Updated automation mixer object to support setting volume and mute for DLNA or Library Server zones.
4. Fixed: Removed NULLS from the end of tag fields for flac files when writing the tags.
5. NEW: Added 'Analyzer' DSP plugin that can show calibrated frequency information per output channel (experimental and a work in progress).

16.0.15 (1/21/2011)

1. NEW: When editing fields linked to relational fields, the program will nicely keep the relational field synchronized. (i.e. changing the artist from 'Aerosmith' to 'Bob Dylan' will also switch the Artist Biography)
2. Fixed: The OSD could show a weird volume display when the volume was unavailable instead of saying 'n/a'.
3. NEW: Added a new volume mode 'Disabled' for use in cases where you only want to use an external volume.
4. Fixed: Added DLNA server support for L16 (headerless uncompressed wave) to Samsung and Sony BD players (and perhaps others).

16.0.14 (1/20/2011)

1. NEW: Database supports relational fields that store values per artist, per album, or per series (changes database version so v15 can no longer load a v16 library).
2. NEW: The program can display artist images when browsing artists instead of a stack of album images (place artist image in the cover art folder in an 'Artists' subfolder).
3. NEW: Added Cover Art > Get Artist Images From Last.fm (still a work in progress).
4. NEW: Play Doctor uses deeper searching of Last.fm similar artists for creating better mixes.
5. Changed: Play Doctor uses a cache of Last.fm similar artists to reduce the need to make server calls.
6. Fixed: Full screen Netflix in Theater View was still having window sizing problems.
7. Fixed: Multiple fast-forward or rewind clicks during Netflix viewing would dump you out of Theater View.

16.0.13 (1/19/2011)

1. NEW: Play Doctor music selection algorithms revamped, can now include tracks from Last.fm.
2. Changed: Reworked how Play Doctor works so that it generates a playlist that plays as opposed to being a program mode.
3. Fixed: Scheduling recordings and doing file deletes from a library server client would not always sync back to the server.
4. Fixed: In certain cases, deleting files from a library server while the files were in 'Playing Now' could cause a crash.
5. NEW: Ability to browse Netflix movie recommendations in theater view.  More browsing categories to come...

16.0.12 (1/18/2011)

1. Fixed: Search for an empty value in a list-type field was not working properly.
2. Faster: Fuzzy matching engine used by search suggestions, Theater View, and Gizmo is faster.
3. Fixed: The database could use more memory than necessary in some cases.
4. NEW: Netflix TV shows are now grouped by collection in Theater View.
5. Fixed: Netflix aspect ratio handling wasn't working at certain resolutions.
6. Changed: Netflix movies are listed alphabetically (episodes within a TV series are still listed in original order).
7. Changed: Added series descriptions to Netflix TV series.
8. NEW: Enabled Samsung BD players (and perhaps TV's) to go directly to media categories (like Audio, Image and Video) instead of having to step through those items when one has already selected the category.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
Re: Media Center 16.0.22
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 11:54:10 pm »

I don't have the option to select registered Directshow filters. i just reinstalled the newest ffdshow and haali media splitter and I can't get them to show up in the drop down list in the file types section. JRiver then proceeds to try and download an older version of ffdshow over the top of my new one, and that also fails on playback.

Edit: I reinstalled .22 w/o importing MC15 settings and my Directshow filters are back in place. However DVD disc playback (ripped ifo and vobs work fine) does not work. It complains that the correct filters are not installed. I've tried switch from libmpeg2 to libavcodec in ffdshow to no avail. Everything plays fine in 15.

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 10:30:16 am »

I installed the newest (32 bit) MPC player last night, hoping MC would let me use the newest codecs/filters from that installation, and it seems to let me select the filters, but I don't have the option to select different subtitles, nor different audio streams either, so I'm not sure if it's working properly.

I really hope this whole filter system gets some development time in v16.

When I go to select filters in MC, it lists some 30 or more different options, NEARLY ALL of which are useless to me.  I'd love MC to limit the choices to usable/useful/meaningful options, at least upon original presentation.  I like options, but don't want to have to see them every single time.

If MC could determine which versions of filters/codecs work "best" internally, then either suggest them, or just "make them work", I think most people would appreciate it, I know I sure would.

I have nearly everything on my system working in x64, but MC is the only thing I use regularly that requires me to even install 32 bit codecs.  MPC now has a x64 version, and it works fantastic, as far as playback goes.  However, I still need to install the 32 bit version to get filters for MC :( 

finally, is there something I can do to get MC to allow use of the EVR Custom Presentation in MC?  It seems it's required for subtitles and DXVA acceleration working properly.  I don't know how else to get it in MC :(
pretend this is something funny

jack wallstreet

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 07:02:21 pm »

I would agree that auto filter install/selection would seem a good idea, although I am not very knowledgeable about it (that's one reason I'd like it).  Maybe a topic under MC 16 would be better as that's a feature consideration.
John

sunfire7

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 12:29:16 am »

finally, is there something I can do to get MC to allow use of the EVR Custom Presentation in MC?  It seems it's required for subtitles and DXVA acceleration working properly.  I don't know how else to get it in MC :(

"DXVA is quite picky, so if you want to use it you have to respect those rules :

Windows XP users, select Overlay Mixer, VMR7, VMR9 or VMR9 renderless
    Vista users, select EVR or EVR custom renderer
"

and:

"The MPC-HC Video decoder must be connected directly to the renderer. That means no intermediate filters such as DirectVobSub or ffdshow can be inserted between the decoder and the video renderer.
Internal subtitles can work with the MPC Video decoder in DXVA mode, but the rules are even more restrictive :

Windows XP users, select VMR9 renderless
    Vista users, select EVR custom renderer
    In "Options / Playback", tick the checkbox "Auto-load subtitles"
"

http://mpc-hc.sourceforge.net/DXVASupport.html

So you are right, EVR Custom is needed to allow subs, but MC has no internal subs engine, so the only way to get gpu acceleration AND subs in MC is with CoreAVC+NVIDIA CUDA, wich is best I think, less restrictions than dxva.
Happy licensed MC 15-19 User :)
Mac version early bird
My english is not perfect! My native lang is spanish

bunglemebaby

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 07:20:12 am »

Too many play doctors in the kitchen causes problems. With a split screen view with two play doctor playing nows and a new (and different) search term in one the program crashes.
Picture: http://www.pix01.com/gallery/2F09E72F-4806-4C14-BE36-ABD7F1D9E97F/Share/index.html?image=1812159370.jpg

Also, two huge thumbs up for the play doctor. For me, the doctor's picks are a huge improvement over "play radio". The mix of Last.fm and my own categories makes for pleasant variety. Room for a few tweaks still, but great job!!

-JB

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2011, 07:56:17 pm »

DVD playback is definitely broken.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2011, 01:02:20 pm »

I'm having trouble connecting to my library server with MC16 on both the server and clients. I've tried using my internal IP, externsl dynamic DNS address, and the JRiver access key. They all won't allow me to connect to my server.

Also, as far as I can tell the Library Manager has been removed. Which makes it rather difficult to remove or edit libraries.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2011, 05:39:17 pm »

I'm having trouble connecting to my library server with MC16 on both the server and clients. I've tried using my internal IP, externsl dynamic DNS address, and the JRiver access key. They all won't allow me to connect to my server.

Also, as far as I can tell the Library Manager has been removed. Which makes it rather difficult to remove or edit libraries.
Could you start a thread on this?

Library Server is started in the Media Network section of options.

MC running on another machine should show any servers it finds under Playing Now.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2011, 10:12:44 am »

Jim, I started the topic in the 15 forum because I continued to have the problem after I downgraded from 16 to try and rectify it.

What it appeared to be was a corrupt password or an incorrectly stored password for my library server authentication. Instead of allowing me to reenter the password, the operation simply failed.

It appears that it was related to the upgrade process because my server/clients had been running fine for several months prior to the upgrade.

I never open IE, so I never though to clear my saved passwords, but after researching the log errors online it looked like an authentication problem. I could access the front page of the web service if I logged in through Chrome and use webplay, webremote, etc., but if I tried to open the library server by clicking the link, the operation would still fail. After clearing my saved passwords in IE, the problem vanished.

maid

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2011, 04:24:34 pm »

I am having problems with the library.
Edits on my office machine are somehow not synchronising with my HTPC in my lounge.
I have to restore the library to show the changes.
Tried to go back to 15 but the library will not load.
Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV

CadErik

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2011, 09:12:37 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 16.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

The Netflix integration doesn't seem to do any magic here with the Canadian version... http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=62057.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up