INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: White arrow in gray circle search icon  (Read 1565 times)

Gork

• Recent member
White arrow in gray circle search icon
« on: February 11, 2011, 12:44:01 pm »

I'm probably just too tired but can't find a way to upload a file to show what I'm referring to.  I just upgraded to v15 from v12 and there are little white right-pointing arrow in gray circles, small icons, next to each artist and album entry listed in my library and playing now windows.

Does anyone know what these icons are for?  Anything more than to auto-fill the corresponding artist or album in the search bar?  And either way, is there a way to make them go away?  I've been trying to search for 30 minutes for an answer and can't find anything.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: White arrow in gray circle search icon
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 12:56:36 pm »

They're just that, as you have found, quick search short cuts.

If you want to turn them off, go to: Tools > Options > General > Features and untick "linkable columns".

-marko.

Gork

• Recent member
Re: White arrow in gray circle search icon
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 01:04:01 pm »

And there you have it!  I combed through all the myriads of settings looking for just that, as well as searching Google and the forums here and couldn't find it - was probably just searching for the wrong terms since I didn't know what the icons were called.

Thanks for the help!  I've been using the software since v11 back in 2006 and have never even LOOKED at another piece of software for playing my audio files since.  There was one ability I "suggested" in the forums way back when which I hoped would have been implemented by now (the ability to link two or more tracks together to be played as one, even when in shuffle mode etc.), but other than that the software is absolutely beyond perfect for me.  I'm happy to finally be on the cutting edge again.  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up