INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Licensing confusion  (Read 521 times)

Rudy

Licensing confusion
« on: June 10, 2002, 02:32:10 am »

Hello - just purchased my version 8 license. Sorry if this is obvious, or repeated - I searched the forum to see if this was answered, and I couldn't find it. The FAQ confused me.

I'm trying to understand licensing and restores - in the faq, there is the "Q&A", one of which says you have six free restores per year - I assume this is from the web.

At the bottom of the faq, it also says "If you have preserved your Registration Code you can restore your license indefinitely." I also assume you use the reg code to go to the web site and restore. These two bits seem contradictory to me, unless I'm reading it all wrong. Too much assuming? Anyone help clarify? Thanks.

Harry|PLS|The|PLS|Hipster

RE:Licensing confusion
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2002, 03:11:22 am »

"...restore your license indefinitely subject to a limit of 6 restores per year".

Won't go bad on you after a given date, but you're limited to six restores in any one-year period. If you exceed that, must wait till next year, when it refreshes for another 6 restores, but license won't expire just because you're at the end of a year.

Supposed to prevent improper distribution of license to non-paying guests.

HTH
Pages: [1]   Go Up