INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Roadmap?  (Read 3028 times)

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Roadmap?
« on: May 09, 2011, 11:21:17 am »

As an honest answer, I'm another that agrees with the general sentiment in this thread.
The biggest issue is a lack of a roadmap. I know you don't necessarily agree with this, but when half a feature is implemented (Take the example of Artist Images), we have no idea when (Or if) this is likely to be completed.

I also think that sometimes, there's a little too much of the programmers running the shop :)
My earlier example of Artist Images is a prime case in point- This requires dropping images in an esoteric folder with esoteric naming to make it work at the moment. Programatically very neat, and I'd guess pretty simple, but needs the more complicated UI work to make it shine.

-Leezer-

221bBS

Roadmap?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 11:26:52 am »

As an honest answer, I'm another that agrees with the general sentiment in this thread.
The biggest issue is a lack of a roadmap. I know you don't necessarily agree with this, but when half a feature is implemented (Take the example of Artist Images), we have no idea when (Or if) this is likely to be completed.

I like the idea, maybe like this

flac.rules

Re: Roadmap?
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 11:56:04 am »

A roadmap would be cool, if it doesn't take too much time from developing. and also it shouldn't be "binding", if the developers finds that a feature on the roadmap shouldn't be a prority after all, the roadmap should be ignored/changed.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 01:27:00 pm »

half a feature is implemented (Take the example of Artist Images), we have no idea when (Or if) this is likely to be completed.

I also think that sometimes, there's a little too much of the programmers running the shop :)
My earlier example of Artist Images is a prime case in point- This requires dropping images in an esoteric folder with esoteric naming to make it work at the moment. Programatically very neat, and I'd guess pretty simple, but needs the more complicated UI work to make it shine.

On any files:
Right-click > Cover Art > Get Artist Images from Last.fm...

It's simple and works.  Someday we may add more sophisticated tools, but that is true of most every part of the program.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

dcwebman

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 07:52:00 am »

On any files:

It's simple and works.  Someday we may add more sophisticated tools, but that is true of most every part of the program.
Sorry to bring it up again, but it's simple to get the artist image, but if it's not a good image or you decide you want the album covers back, there's no undo or remove artist image option. The simple part is gone then when you have to try and find where the artist images are stored to delete them.
Jeff

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 08:36:23 am »

On any files:

Sorry, but that still fails for anything remotely non-standard, such as audiobooks or anywhere a customised artist name is used.
I also completely agree about the undo/ remove option being missing.
All it needs is a simple Windows file picker.........

-Leezer-

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2011, 09:00:46 am »

Could you please use the "Artist Images" thread for requests: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=61936 ?

I did some extensive testing and reported my findings after the feature was introduced in January. The suggestions and requests from me and many others are in that thread.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2011, 10:20:40 am »

Yeah, this is wondering a little O/T, although that was never the intention, it was intended as an illustration more than anything :)

-Leezer-
Pages: [1]   Go Up