INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 16 fails to Update  (Read 2965 times)

coxhaus

• Recent member
MC 16 fails to Update
« on: May 11, 2011, 06:41:32 pm »

I have version 16 60.  The program tells me I need to update to use MC16. I run check updates. It gives me an error message "Failed to download update". It has been doing this all day. I have a registered product and would like to use it. How do I fix this? I have downloaded the MC 16 87 version, should I just reinstall JRiver with the new version? I posted something earlier but it seems to have been ignored.

Listener

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC 16 fails to Update
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 10:46:00 am »

Try installing 16.0.87.

I have been running 0.81 and this morning, MC 16 told me that it could not continue without updating.  Then the update to 0.87 failed and caused MC 16 to exit.  This happened several times.

Then I saw this thread and tried to follow Matt's advice.  However, the download page offers 0.81.  I looked in the MC 16 forum and did not see a thread for 0.87.  I looked on the beta team forum and saw 0.88 but not 0.87. 

I'm stuck.  MC 16.0.81 keeps hangs trying to update to 0.87. I can't get 0.87 to update MC 16 manually.

----
Your forced update mechanism is a big negative for me.  I want to select a stable version of MC 16 and use it until I CHOOSE TO UPDATE TO GET NEW FEATURES AND BUG FIXES I WANT.  I expect MC to run day in and day out without any upsets.

I have a link to MC in the startup folder of my MusicPC so that when I turn on that PC, MC starts.  I do not want any unexpected dialog boxes or forced update cycles to hang MC up.

Bill

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 11:07:40 am »

This should be fixed now.  Please try check for updates (ctrl-j) again.  I apologize for the confusion.

Listener

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 12:18:50 pm »

This should be fixed now.  Please try check for updates (ctrl-j) again.  I apologize for the confusion.

It worked for me this time.  Thanks.

Bill
Pages: [1]   Go Up