INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is there any way to make "Recent Playing Nows" survive the session?  (Read 1884 times)

WinoOutWest

• Galactic Citizen

I could be wrong but I swear it used have more than just the current session in the list.
Is there any way to make the Recent Playing Nows keep its list between sessions?

Niacin

Re: Is there any way to make "Recent Playing Nows" survive the session?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 09:37:20 am »

There is a "Clear Playing Now" option in Tools, General, Advanced

That ensures that your currently playing list reloads at the same point when you do a shutdown/restart - if that's what you want.

WinoOutWest

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 03:08:47 pm »

Thanks but I am actually wanting to save the Recently Playing Now between sessions.  My HTPC shuts down and reboots nightly and some bonehead (me) accidently blew away his 3 week old awesome playing now mix while trying to add a file from Gizmo.  I listened to the song I had added and then went to bed.  When the system restarted this morning I had one song in the playlist and no Recently Playing Nows to recover.
:(

WinoOutWest

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 01:04:43 am »

Bump

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 06:05:56 pm »

Thanks but I am actually wanting to save the Recently Playing Now between sessions. 

That's what should happen, unless you've set that option.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 06:36:03 pm »

WinoOutWest is probably speaking about the automatically created Recent Playing Now's smartlist group.

MC considers the stored Playing Now lists "recent" only during the current session. The previous Recent Playing Now's tree item does not survive a restart.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

rick.ca

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2011, 07:38:45 pm »

OIC. So if you don't bother saving PN in a list and you Play (replace) a new item rather than Play (add) it and then close MC, the original PN is lost. Yes, there really should be more robust "save me from myself" features. ;)

The Recent Playing Now's can easily be saved permanently by dragging them to a different playlist folder. But for a more fail-safe approach, use the following in a batch file to close MC...

MC15.exe /MCC 20004, 0   //Save all playlists
MC15.exe /MCC 20007, 0   //Exit

Any playlist can then be recovered from ..\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 15\Library\Playlists\. 8)

WinoOutWest

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 10:20:10 am »

yes Alex is right.  Rick is right too as I do need to be saved from myself but that;s a whole other topic.

I never thought of dragging and dropping them so thats good to know and I will probably use that periodically.  But that's not what I am looking for and the batch file doesn't work for me either as there are several "sets of hands" that access MC daily (not to mention that I currently have an issue with MC randomly shutting down during the day) so what I would really like is the ability to remember playing now playlists between sessions.

Maybe another option under that check box to limit the number of Playing Now's to save?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 10:38:45 am »

I too have missed them sometimes.

"No reset on startup and always store the last ten" would be fine for me. (a new option would not be needed)
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

WinoOutWest

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2011, 10:54:56 am »

Yeah that would work for me too - also a big fan of keepin' it simple!
:)
Pages: [1]   Go Up