INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AverMedia AverTV Duo Hybrid PCI-e II  (Read 3143 times)

YannisA

• Junior Woodchuck
AverMedia AverTV Duo Hybrid PCI-e II
« on: February 20, 2011, 01:58:18 am »

Hi to all.
Does anybody of you use this card http://www.avermedia.com/avertv/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?Id=450 with MC15?
In Greece, we have MPEG2 and MPEG4 broadcast in DVB-T, received via antenna.
Though MPEG2 stations work fine, there is no playback for tuned MPEG4 stations.
I pressume it's a matter of drivers. While "playing" an MPEG4 broadcast, and clicking on "Directshow filters", i can't find anything relative to MPEG4 decoding. Instead, i can see MPEG2 Video decoder etc.
The card is supposed to be compatible with both MPEG2 or 4.
I had initially the AverMedia Media Center installed, as a full installation. Inside the AverMediaCenter, MPEG4 was playing ok. Later i decided to uninstall it, keeping the drivers only.
Any ideas?
thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: AverMedia AverTV Duo Hybrid PCI-e II
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 07:35:59 am »

Does anybody of you use this card http://www.avermedia.com/avertv/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?Id=450 with MC15?
In Greece, we have MPEG2 and MPEG4 broadcast in DVB-T, received via antenna.
Though MPEG2 stations work fine, there is no playback for tuned MPEG4 stations.
I pressume it's a matter of drivers. While "playing" an MPEG4 broadcast, and clicking on "Directshow filters", i can't find anything relative to MPEG4 decoding. Instead, i can see MPEG2 Video decoder etc.
The card is supposed to be compatible with both MPEG2 or 4.
I had initially the AverMedia Media Center installed, as a full installation. Inside the AverMediaCenter, MPEG4 was playing ok. Later i decided to uninstall it, keeping the drivers only.

You might be missing the DirectShow filters you need.  Please read the DirectShow Guide on our wiki (link above).  Consider installing CCCP.

YannisA

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 08:04:49 am »

You might be missing the DirectShow filters you need.  Please read the DirectShow Guide on our wiki (link above).  Consider installing CCCP.
Thanks for the prompt reply.
I've in place ffdshow with dxva and have no problem to play mkv, m2ts, ts, mp4, mpg and a lot other file types.

An information I gave above was not correct. AverMedia Media Center does not play either these channels (black screen). So I guess it's a matter of a specific filter... missing or not tweaked correctly.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 03:48:31 pm »

I am not sure whether we handle MPEG4 formatted TV streams correctly as we have not been able to test it.  All ATSC TV channels use MPEG-2 as far as I know.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Arbiter

• World Citizen
  • In love with music.
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 01:35:08 pm »

I'm on the same boat as YannisA. I'm using the Gigabyte E8000 which works fine for the few MPEG2 encoded channels we have here in Greece, as well as the analogue channels. But most of the channels here are encoded in MPEG4 format and MC fails to play them.

The channels get detected normally, but no visual or audio gets outputted. Below i list the graph:

Code: [Select]
Filter Graph Info (TV graph):

Filter 'Default DirectSound Device'
        CLSID: {79376820-07D0-11CF-A24D-0020AFD79767}
        Host: c:\windows\syswow64\quartz.dll
        Input Pin 'Audio Input pin (rendered)'
            Connected to pin 'XFrom Out' of filter 'Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio Decoder'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_IEEE_FLOAT, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx

Filter 'Haali Video Renderer'
        CLSID: {760A8F35-97E7-479D-AAF5-DA9EFF95D751}
        Host: c:\program files (x86)\haali\matroskasplitter\dxr.dll
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'Video Output 1' of filter 'Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_YUY2, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo2
        Input Pin 'Subtitle'

Filter 'MPEG-2 Sections and Tables'
        CLSID: {C666E115-BB62-4027-A113-82D643FE2D99}
        Host: c:\windows\syswow64\mpeg2data.ax
        Input Pin 'In'
            Connected to pin '002' of filter 'MPEG-2 Demultiplexer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_MPEG2_SECTIONS  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG2DATA, Format type FORMAT_None

Filter 'BDA MPEG2 Transport Information Filter'
        CLSID: {FC772AB0-0C7F-11D3-8FF2-00A0C9224CF4}
        Host: c:\windows\syswow64\psisrndr.ax
        Input Pin 'IB Input'
            Connected to pin '001' of filter 'MPEG-2 Demultiplexer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_MPEG2_SECTIONS  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_DVB_SI, Format type FORMAT_None
        Input Pin 'OOB Input'
        Output Pin 'iTV Out'
        Output Pin 'SBE OUT'

Filter 'Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder'
        CLSID: {212690FB-83E5-4526-8FD7-74478B7939CD}
        Host: c:\windows\syswow64\msmpeg2vdec.dll
        Input Pin 'Video Input'
            Connected to pin '003' of filter 'MPEG-2 Demultiplexer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG2_VIDEO, Format type FORMAT_MPEG2_VIDEO
        Input Pin 'Subpicture Input'
        Output Pin 'Video Output 1'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'Haali Video Renderer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_YUY2, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo2
        Output Pin '~Line21 Output'

Filter 'Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio Decoder'
        CLSID: {E1F1A0B8-BEEE-490D-BA7C-066C40B5E2B9}
        Host: c:\windows\syswow64\msmpeg2adec.dll
        Input Pin 'XForm In'
            Connected to pin '007' of filter 'MPEG-2 Demultiplexer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG2_AUDIO, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx
        Output Pin 'XFrom Out'
            Connected to pin 'Audio Input pin (rendered)' of filter 'Default DirectSound Device'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_IEEE_FLOAT, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx

Filter 'MPEG-2 Demultiplexer'
        CLSID: {AFB6C280-2C41-11D3-8A60-0000F81E0E4A}
        Host: c:\windows\syswow64\mpg2splt.ax
        Input Pin 'MPEG-2 Stream'
            Connected to pin 'MPEG2 Transport' of filter '7160 BDA Digital Capture DVBT'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Stream  Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {F4AEB342-0329-4FDD-A8FD-4AFF4926C978}, Format type FORMAT_None
        Output Pin '001'
            Connected to pin 'IB Input' of filter 'BDA MPEG2 Transport Information Filter'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_MPEG2_SECTIONS  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_DVB_SI, Format type FORMAT_None
        Output Pin '002'
            Connected to pin 'In' of filter 'MPEG-2 Sections and Tables'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_MPEG2_SECTIONS  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG2DATA, Format type FORMAT_None
        Output Pin '003'
            Connected to pin 'Video Input' of filter 'Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG2_VIDEO, Format type FORMAT_MPEG2_VIDEO
        Output Pin '007'
            Connected to pin 'XForm In' of filter 'Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio Decoder'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG2_AUDIO, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx

Filter '7160 BDA Digital Capture DVBT'
        CLSID: {17CCA71B-ECD7-11D0-B908-00A0C9223196}
        Host: c:\windows\syswow64\ksproxy.ax
        Input Pin 'MPEG2 Transport'
            Connected to pin 'MPEG2 Transport' of filter '7160 BDA DVBT Tuner'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Stream  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG2_TRANSPORT, Format type Unknown GUID Name: {E06D8023-DB46-11CF-B4D1-00805F6CBBEA}
        Output Pin 'MPEG2 Transport'
            Connected to pin 'MPEG-2 Stream' of filter 'MPEG-2 Demultiplexer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Stream  Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {F4AEB342-0329-4FDD-A8FD-4AFF4926C978}, Format type FORMAT_None

Filter '7160 BDA DVBT Tuner'
        CLSID: {17CCA71B-ECD7-11D0-B908-00A0C9223196}
        Host: c:\windows\syswow64\ksproxy.ax
        Input Pin 'Input0'
            Connected to pin 'Antenna Out' of filter 'Network Provider'
            Major type Unknown GUID Name: {71985F41-1CA1-11D3-9CC8-00C04F7971E0}  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_None, Format type FORMAT_None
        Output Pin 'MPEG2 Transport'
            Connected to pin 'MPEG2 Transport' of filter '7160 BDA Digital Capture DVBT'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Stream  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG2_TRANSPORT, Format type Unknown GUID Name: {E06D8023-DB46-11CF-B4D1-00805F6CBBEA}

Filter 'Network Provider'
        CLSID: {216C62DF-6D7F-4E9A-8571-05F14EDB766A}
        Host: c:\windows\syswow64\msdvbnp.ax
        Output Pin 'Antenna Out'
            Connected to pin 'Input0' of filter '7160 BDA DVBT Tuner'
            Major type Unknown GUID Name: {71985F41-1CA1-11D3-9CC8-00C04F7971E0}  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_None, Format type FORMAT_None

Some things to note:

-The option to start in time-shifting mode is off
-All the necessary codecs are installed and running
-All digital channels playback fine with the vendor's playback software (PVRPresto!) as well as Windows Media Center
-Analogue and mpeg2 channels seem to playback fine in MC. It's only the mpeg4 channels that fail to playback (which is the majority of channels here)

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 10:20:16 am »

Unfortunately, our system was built on assumption that video streams are MPEG-2.  Maybe the difference is small, maybe it is large.  I will have to figure out what I need to do for MPEG4 streams. 

You may email me a log file.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Arbiter

• World Citizen
  • In love with music.
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2011, 04:07:57 pm »

Unfortunately, our system was built on assumption that video streams are MPEG-2.  Maybe the difference is small, maybe it is large.  I will have to figure out what I need to do for MPEG4 streams.  

You may email me a log file.

Done. You should've received my email already with the log.txt attached. i'm spyros.g at gmail dot com .

Pages: [1]   Go Up