INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Track numbers not showing up on DLNA streaming  (Read 3030 times)

monsieurguzel

• Recent member
Track numbers not showing up on DLNA streaming
« on: February 12, 2011, 01:20:39 pm »

I currently have J River MC15 streaming all my flac music through DLNA to my perfectwave DAC system.  Everything works perfectly well, including album artwork, track sorting, etc. but for some odd reason the track numbers never show up in front of the song title.  I also have Asset UpNp running on the side to compare, and the track numbers come up just fine. 

Is there an option to turn this on in J River or am I doing something wrong?

monsieurguzel

• Recent member
Re: Track numbers not showing up on DLNA streaming
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 05:45:04 pm »

anybody have any insight in this?  I tried to use 'expressions' and managed to get the track number to show up, but the order still doesn't work correctly since even after selecting a specific track, I get another track dialogue afterwards. 

Here is what is happening when I use expressions:

album artist > album > [track #] filename > filename

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 12:03:54 pm »

I currently have J River MC15 streaming all my flac music through DLNA to my perfectwave DAC system.  Everything works perfectly well, including album artwork, track sorting, etc. but for some odd reason the track numbers never show up in front of the song title.  I also have Asset UpNp running on the side to compare, and the track numbers come up just fine. 

Is there an option to turn this on in J River or am I doing something wrong?
Where are you expecting the track number to show up, on the DAC screen??

monsieurguzel

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 06:59:37 pm »

Well the track numbers show up just fine inside MC15 since all the tracks are properly tagged.  However they don't show on the dac screen or on any controller that I use (plugplayer).

Is this normal or is there a setting for this?  As I said, Asset Upnp show the track numbers before the song name, which I find to be very useful to see what song on the album I'm on.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2011, 11:22:16 am »

Well the track numbers show up just fine inside MC15 since all the tracks are properly tagged.  However they don't show on the dac screen or on any controller that I use (plugplayer).
We are providing the track number, PP and your DAC appear to be ignoring it.
Is this normal or is there a setting for this?  As I said, Asset Upnp show the track numbers before the song name, which I find to be very useful to see what song on the album I'm on.
I checked asset and it has a hack, turned on by default, to append the track number to the track name (look under edit->general settings).
Of course if that was turned on when using a device that shows the track number as sent in the content directory, you'd see it twice.
WMP doesn't modify the info sent to PP and so you don't see the track number with it either.

Pages: [1]   Go Up