INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with getting ripped Movies to show properly in MC15 on Windows 7  (Read 2174 times)

machtman

• Recent member

I am having problems with tagging ripped DVDs correctly. When a test film was stored as VOB files, MC15 saw it as a movie and I could assign cover art. I have now ripped 19 DVDs as a test object, converted them all to mkv format, and deleted the VOB files. MC15 sees them and imports them, but they are seen as videos and I can't seem to get them into the Movie library view. Possibly this is a problem with user access because I don't have administrative rights when I log in normally and it could be solved by moving some directory from the users folder?

Seeing them as movies rather than as videos seems to be a requirement for AutoMeta, which I was hoping to use for automated tagging but it doesn't see them, probably because they are not movies.

Thanks for any help
Mark

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Help with getting ripped Movies to show properly in MC15 on Windows 7
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 05:03:52 pm »

The importing of media files and the configuration of views for viewing them are completely separate matters. It seems you're not having any problems importing the files in question. All views, whether used in Standard View or Theatre View, are completely configurable. Whether or not files appear in a particular view is determined by the Rules for file display for that view. Your movie view rules may refer to [Media Sub Type] which hasn't been set. If so, set that to "Movie." Better yet, rather than waste time tagging that field, use a rule based on [Filename (path)] (e.g., include files from ..\Video\Movies\).

I understand AutoMeta uses searches to determine what files to include. A Search is exactly the same thing as Rules for file display. AutoMeta doesn't include movies because they appear in a particular view. It includes them because it's rules for what to include are exactly the same, or have the same result, as those for the view.

So, you have two separate issues—with one solution. You must use search rules to specify which files appear in a view, and to specify which files are to be processed by AutoMeta.

machtman

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 06:19:44 am »

Thanks very much. This has been driving me crazy for almost a week so your information is very helpful indeed. Could you possibly also tell me where these rules are defined? Also please give me more details on how to set up a rule based on Filename?

best regards
Mark

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 05:10:06 pm »

Hopefully, the screen shot will give you some ideas. All my videos are categorized in folders under D:\Video (e.g., D:\Video\Movies). Rather than manually recreate the same classification in MC, I simply use the expression ListItem([Filename (path)],2,\) to get the category (or "video sub type," if you like) from the pathname. My Rules for file display simply specify all video files found in my Video folder. Ignore the .log files rule—they're my means maintaining records of media viewed and deleted.
Pages: [1]   Go Up