INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AAC (M4A) tag updates not working  (Read 1674 times)

Jim L

• Junior Woodchuck
AAC (M4A) tag updates not working
« on: February 20, 2011, 07:00:52 am »

Hi,

With MC15 and 16, tag updates to M4A files don't seem to be working; no errors are output, but the files themselves aren't modified. Examining the file tags in foobar2000 confirms this. The files were all purchased from iTunes and are stored on a NAS if that makes any difference. foobar2000 updates the tags without any problems, so there's no issue with network access or read-only files.

Cheers,
Jim

syndromeofadown

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: AAC (M4A) tag updates not working
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 02:55:32 pm »

Jim L

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 03:41:09 pm »

Thanks for the info syndromeofadown.

I don't have that many m4a files, and can use another program to update their tags. It's a shame that MC gives the impression that it is updating the file's tags though, e.g. when doing a Library Tools->Update Tags (from library).

bspisak

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 05:22:53 pm »

[Edit: Oops - should have read the link above from syndromeofadown first. Looks like it's being worked on!]

I've just confirmed this as well. The tags are read properly by MC, but are not being written to the file after being changed in the library. (My options are set up to keep the library in sync with the files.)

E.g., Change [Album] in the Tag Action Window, then select Update Tags (from Library). MC says "1 file updated (0 errors)." You can check the file externally (Tag&Rename or whatever) and the tag has not changed. You can also read it back into MC with Update Library (from Tags) and it reverts to the old value.

Conversely, if you change the tag externally, then use Update Library (from Tags), the new value is reflected in MC.
Pages: [1]   Go Up