INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SP250 request/CDR crash/licence  (Read 1330 times)

Hertz

SP250 request/CDR crash/licence
« on: June 08, 2002, 08:40:11 am »

SP250 request

One good feature would be some more CD burning options, allowing to burn proper CD's for MP3 CD players. Like:
- converting songs to WMA (smaller format) while burning;
- using a different file name structure for the CD (which is more convenient on MP3 players).

CDR crash

Big bug on my system:
- System: WXP, Plextor 12/10/32A;
- Symptom: when the CDR drive is empty, the computer crashes (black screen, no reaction) when I try to view the CDR folder.

Licence

I cannot figure out if my MJ 8 is licenced or not. Could anyone tell me how to tell which version I'm using?

Thanks

claudio

RE:SP250 request/CDR crash/licence
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2002, 11:21:59 am »

I cannot figure out if my MJ 8 is licenced or not. Could anyone tell me how to tell which version I'm using?

Help->About  the title of the dialog should say Media Jukebox PLUS if you are licenced. At the bottom of the dialog you will also see Registered to:

If you are using a new v8 license you should see your name there, while if your are using a v7 license you will see "Media Jukebox version 7 user"

Claudio

gateley

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2002, 02:33:58 pm »

Hertz - besides what claudio said, if you are running the release version and help->about shows your name, then you are running a "real" version 8. On the other hand, if you can backup your version 8 license to a MediaJukebox8.rrg file, it is an "early" version 8 and you should download the latest version of MJ, and get your new license from the restore page.

j

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2002, 05:23:15 am »

We have a Plextor 24X cdr drive on WinXP and haven't seen this problem. It sounds like a hardware or driver issue. Does it burn Ok with other software? Does Windows explorer handle it ok?
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

Hertz

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2002, 06:10:52 am »

We have a Plextor 24X cdr drive on WinXP and haven't seen this problem. It sounds like a hardware or driver issue. Does it burn Ok with other software? Does Windows explorer handle it ok?

==> It seems to work fine in general. Actually, MJ8 seems only to crash when the drive is empty.
I didn't have the same problem with Nero and the WXP burning software. I might have had the same problem with EasyCDDAExtractor, but I'm not sure.

Hertz

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2002, 06:25:25 am »

Claudio & Gately: thanks!
But I still don't get it: I downloaded what I believed was a "normal" MJ8 (not the "early" one) and I still get a "registered to v. 7 user" in the "about" dialog box.
I'll try to figure that out.

gateley

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2002, 06:31:12 am »

Lots of potential for confusion here: there are three kinds of licenses: version 7, early version 8, and real version 8. Licenses purchased through MJ7 activate MJ8, and the "Registered To" just shows "MJ7 user". Early v8 licenses no longer work (if you have a MediaJukebox8.rrg file, it is one of these). And real version 8 licenses are purchased through the web page and look like: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

You have a version 7 license.

j

Hertz

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2002, 12:47:47 am »

Thank you once again.
Well, I feel a bit stupid, but one point is still not quite clear to me. My licence is a V7, but what version of the software am I actually using? Is it MJ8 or MJ8|PLS|? Is there room for upgrading?

Sorry, really...

Hertz

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2002, 01:01:46 am »

Oh, I think I got it! Allright...
Pages: [1]   Go Up