INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request: Relational 'Keys' - Song? or Song+Artist?  (Read 968 times)

trhunnicutt

• Recent member
Feature Request: Relational 'Keys' - Song? or Song+Artist?
« on: March 06, 2011, 09:17:39 pm »

Hi,

Love the new version.  Already upgraded.  Long time user.

I'd love it if we could key off of "Song" or "Song+Artist" for relational fields in addition to Album or Artist or Series.

The reason is that I keep track of Billboard chart entries as a semi-colon list, without position info.  It's a b*tch to update for each and every file of that same song that I have in my collection.

For instance, John Mayer's Your Body Is A Wonderland would have an entry of "Hot Adult Contemporary Tracks;Hot Adult Top 40 Tracks;Hot Canadian Digital Singles;Hot Digital Songs;Pop 100;Pop 100 Airplay;The Billboard Hot 100;Top 40 Mainstream".

Every instance of that song, by that artist, would be able to point to that same piece of data.  HUGE time saver and would be awesome.

Thanks for the consideration of the request in advance.

Tom

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Feature Request: Relational 'Keys' - Song? or Song+Artist?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 02:04:40 am »

I've requested the same, and for the same reason!  I have to use external scripts to aid me in keeping my tags consistent across multiple identical tracks.  A relation on [artist][name] would be ideal.  I think that even better would be allowing us create our own relationships on custom fields.  That way we could define a custom field that contains [artist][name] ourselves and use it for the relationship.  This would also open up any relationship we care to create.
Pages: [1]   Go Up