INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MyMovies.XML not being found by auto-import  (Read 1445 times)

stricko

• Galactic Citizen
MyMovies.XML not being found by auto-import
« on: March 06, 2011, 05:43:45 am »

Don't know if this is a MC16 issue or not, but, I'm running v42 and it's happening there.

I've MC16 running on my server. When I add a DVD rip to the collection, usually from a different PC, MC16 automatically picks it up. If I then add the same rip to MyMovies, and create the MyMovies.XML file in the VIDEO_TS sub-folder, it is not being picked up by the next auto-import. I can manually add the tag info to the library using Update Library from Tags, but I'd have thought that this should have been automatic.

Also, for a new VIDEO_TS rip, MS16 is omporting both the ifo file and the VOB files. For existing rips that are already in the library it's (correctly) ignoring the VOB files. What's happening?

QueBall

• Recent member
Re: MyMovies.XML not being found by auto-import
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 07:19:49 am »

Hi,
Not sure what is going on either.
I have updated one computer from MC14 to MC16 and the mymovies import still works ok.
But I have also loaded MC16 onto a new computer as I am moving everything over and it doesn't load the mymovies.xml info. Is There some special setting I am missing? My replacement computer does not have mymovies installed but I don't think that would be an issue.

Cheers

QueBall

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 08:26:51 am »

OK,  My bad,
I have got it working now. Had not yet loaded a divx codec.
For some reason it was import as audio even though video was only selected.
Is working ok now though.

Sorry, I can't hep you stricko.

stricko

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 12:29:56 pm »

In a way, I'm a victim of my own success.

I used to have each MC instance pointing to a centrally held sent of media files using network addresses, but MC would not automatically scan those network folders. But when I manually ran auto-import, it picked up everything, including mymovies.xml. I've rebuilt the setup, with MediaServer running on the central machine, and and new files are being automatically being picked up super fast now. So fast that for movies, they are in the MC library before I can set them up in My Movies. So the mymovies.xml is set up after the file is first loaded, and subsequent auto-imports don't seem to recognise that it is there, because the metadata on the file itself does not change. To get round it. I'm periodically going into MC on the server, selecting any new movies and updating libary from tags.
Pages: [1]   Go Up