INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 15.0.172 Trying To Play A File From Client Opens The Web Browser  (Read 2845 times)

Mars

• World Citizen

Suddenly, when I doubleclick to a file in MC as a Client it opens the web browser and asks for a user and password. Afterwards, it downloads a strange file and nothing is played. It never happened before and I think I haven't done any major change in my system that could cause it. Any idea?  ?

Thanks For You Help

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: MC 15.0.172 Trying To Play A File From Client Opens The Web Browser
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 04:16:27 am »

What is the file format? Do all files that are in the same format behave like that? What is the address in the web browser?
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Mars

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 11:13:04 am »

What is the file format?
The file format is .mp3

Do all files that are in the same format behave like that?
Yes, except in one playlist I was managing yesterday which I can play perfectly well.

What is the address in the web browser?
http://192.168.1.13:52199/MCWS/v1/File/GetFile?File=40395

Same issue in another laptop connected to the MC server. ?

Mars

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 03:54:11 pm »

it downloads a strange file and nothing is played
The type of file is "application/octet-stream" and the browser asks wheter to open or save. It seems like the aplication doesn't recognize the double-clicked file (an .mp3) as an associated type in MC. How could I solve this?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2011, 06:23:14 pm »

In MC's options, choose File types.  Then select MP3.  You can then tell MC to associate with it.

Another application may be trying to do the same.  Possibly your browser. 

Google for "File Associations" for more on this.

Mars

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 05:15:19 am »

Thanks for your replay.

In fact the problem only happens when files are played in a client, so when played locally it works fine. All type associations are set to MC in both sides, Client and Server. Same behaviour, not only with .mp3, but also with .Avi files and Images. This last ones are correctly opened but in the web browser and not not inside MC.

To mention that it also happens in two additional computers. I've tried to reinstall the application and to deactivate and reactivate the Server functionality with no results.

Such a strange thing that have happened in a sudden, as two days before it worked correctly. Good candidate to the weird problems section, so hope I will soon provide a good solution to it...

miserythemexican

• Recent member

Mars, did you have any luck solving this problem?

I have recently started experiencing the same issue double clicking in any of MCs views, except for "playing now" where double clicking plays the file as it should.

So my workaround is to add to playing now, and play from playing now, but i'm desperate for an actual solution!

Mars

• World Citizen

I'm sorry to say I'm still with this issue, miserythemexican  :'(. At the end, I gave up using the Client-Server basis and now I'm using a kind of synchronized libraries (mirrored, in fact).

miserythemexican

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2011, 06:44:38 am »

Does your system of synchronization allow library changes from different machines Mars? If so could you share how you achieve this?

I do most tagging & major stuff etc from one desktop machine but would like to modify ratings/keywords from eg. HTPC...

Any tips would be greatly appreciated, this problem is really frustrating!!

Mars

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2011, 12:41:28 pm »

I do Sync only in one direction: I have a "Master" library, in which I work all the tagging and organization from my desktop, and then a secondary library wich I access from the HTPC and that is basically a reflection of the Master, except for some fields which I exclude for Sync (like curplaylist.jmd, field(Last Played).jmd, field(Number Plays), etc.). For the Sync process itself I use an external program.

It is not an actual Sync, since I can not modify fields in both ways, but I can choose wich Library (machine) is used to modify each field. This way, I have the desktop Library for tagging and the HTPC Library for playing and keeping record of some calculated fields.

Mars

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2011, 05:02:22 pm »

miserythemexican, I posted a solution in this thread:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=64981.msg435733#msg435733
Pages: [1]   Go Up