INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question for beginners  (Read 641 times)

GJVR

• Land SurveyorMusic, Hiking, Cycling, photography
Question for beginners
« on: June 08, 2002, 12:01:09 am »

I read the DocLotus et al discussion with interest.  I am 42 years old (tomorrow, actually !) and I have started to put my 150 LP's or so onto computer.  I used the trial version of MJ version 7 for a month and, having been caught up in all the hype about higher bitrates, I selected the LAME MP3(VBR)option. My trial version expired and last week I purchased version 8. (receipt was e-mailed to me) Now I will be the first to admit that I am not a computer expert, but I try ! Anyway, I first removed version 7 from my drive, and then installed version 8, going through all the steps as best I could. Unfortunately, The program crashed ! ("this program has performed an illegal function etc...") I then tried to go back to the basic version 7, and off course that didn't work either. Then I re-installed Version 8. No luck. Sometimes I get as far as updating my media library and playing back the music I have recorded to date, but as soon as I try to record (in any format whatsoever), this fatal error comes up. I am now in the situation where I can not record anything at all, in either version 7 or 8, and in whatever format I choose. In fact, I will go so far as to say that I will be happy with just version 7.
All I want to do is record my vinyl collection at 128kbps from now on.  Please help !

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
RE:Question for beginners
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2002, 05:18:55 am »

Disk space?
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
RE:Question for beginners
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2002, 05:33:28 am »

In recorder settings, does it list just one recording device? If more than one, what are they called? Which recording source are you using?

In order to narrow down the problem, try disabling automatic track splitting, then set the encoder to "uncompressed wave", then try a test recording. Does it still crash?

John T.
JRiver, Inc.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up