Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mozilla  (Read 585 times)

Fred

Mozilla
« on: June 07, 2002, 05:46:28 pm »

What do you guys think of Mozilla 1.0?  Since it is open source would it be a security risk now a days?

Poison Dan

• Junior Woodchuck
RE:Mozilla
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2002, 04:28:03 am »

Why would open source software be a security risk ?

FWIW, I think Mozilla 1.0 rules !

Cotton-Eyed Loo

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2002, 07:14:06 pm »

Mozilla is probably more secure than IE if that's what you really want to know.

The mozilla crypto library is essentially the same implementation with bug fixes and enhancements as was found in netscape 4.7 (and earlier). The code started off as proprietary and since then has become published and open to scrutiny by everyone - even those who would detract from the success of the project. I would speculate that the crypto code has improved since it was commercial as a result of increased examination [it's easier to see someone elses errors than your own].

Here's one mozilla lovers won't like -> mozilla certainly benefits, from a security perspective, from being less robust in than IE in supporting some technologies (like ActiveX).

Why is security important to you? I imagine the military and friends would be using mozilla long before IE if they had a choice (which they probably do) as they can examine the code themselves.

Mozilla is a decent browser these days. It renders as fast as IE and opens a new window faster than IE does (if you enable the 'quickstart' feature). I'd say that Mozilla has a better feature set than IE.

zevele1

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2002, 11:38:07 am »

Open souce a security risk? This is breaking news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What about Windows open gates ?

Mozilla rocks,i can tell you

You may have a more friendly surfing with the next Netscape

But NOT the regular one with all the aol s...-sorry snow-
The sillydog.org one,who do stripped LEGAL version of all Netscape

The last one, 7 ,is not out yet
Pages: [1]   Go Up