INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Erroneous "Import Failed" Message  (Read 1440 times)

bspisak

• Junior Woodchuck
Erroneous "Import Failed" Message
« on: March 25, 2011, 11:42:38 pm »

When importing a large number of files, MC16.0.49 will report that it has failed to import a subset of the files, even though the files were indeed imported (they show up in the Recently Imported playlist and if I re-import the same files, it doesn't find anything new.)

This particular problem is repeatable (I can remove the files from the library and using ~d=r), and the same problem occurs each time. However, the exact number of failed imports are different, though similar, and the exact files that fail are also different, though perhaps similar. I say perhaps, because it's not obvious if there is a pattern.

I've seen this multiple times, but the most recent case, I'm importing 832 files (it doesn't have to be this many to fail, however) and I get ~70 files that are reported to have failed to import. If I save the list of failed files and compare it to the next run, I see that ~15 files are repeat offenders.

bspisak

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Erroneous "Import Failed" Message
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 01:31:37 am »

It would be helpful if the cause of the Failed import were reported by MC. As it is, it gives no clue as to what it thinks went wrong.
Pages: [1]   Go Up