INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Visualization feature request  (Read 985 times)

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
Visualization feature request
« on: March 04, 2011, 01:29:55 am »

I have a visualization related feature request. I typically listen to music while working. Periodically a track will come on that I don't remember well and I want an easy way to check what's playing. I'm usually using all of my screen for various other program and have MC behind them or even minimized. What I've been doing recently is I have MC set to track view with a customized view that shows the cover art plus the Artist, Album, Name, and Rating in a large font. This allows me to hover the mouse over the MC icon in the taskbar (Windows 7) and see the info quickly. So far, so good, it looks like this:

Now the problem. In addition to quickly checking the track, I sometimes want to adjust the star rating (e.g., I decide I'm getting tired of a track and want to reduce its rating). Since I can't adjust the star rating from track view if it is full screen, I usually leave MC in normal view, with the track view area as large as is reasonable. This allows me to change the track rating at the top easily, but then it makes the mini view in the taskbar look quite a bit less elegant and looks like this:

So, my request is, can you add an option to be able to adjust the star rating of the current track from the taskbar mini view the same way there are currently play/stop buttons now?

dcwebman

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Visualization feature request
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 07:47:26 am »

If you put an image, I can't see it. I had to rate a lot of songs while listening to them this past week and the only way I could do it easily was to use the Slim mini view skin. Not all that slim but it's the only mini view skin I know that I can rate songs. I usually use either the Shade or NoFrills mini views to make them as small as possible but no rating ability. Something that does all like you suggested would be nice.
Jeff

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
Re: Visualization feature request
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 09:29:28 am »

Qythyx - check out cncb's sidebar gadget, thats what i use, and it works great only thing it doesnt do that i wish it would is allow to change keywords, and the ability to view whats playing in display view (video wise) - http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=46403.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up