INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stop converted files from being imported?  (Read 1393 times)

raym

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Stop converted files from being imported?
« on: August 06, 2011, 10:19:16 pm »

Is there a way to prevent converted audio files from being imported into the Library? I've setup a dummy handheld device which points to my "Automatically Add to iTunes" folder so on transfer, MC converts my FLAC files to MP3's and stores them here ready for iTunes to pick up. The convert and transfer process works great but I end up with duplicate versions of the same songs - the original FLAC and converted MP3. I don't want MC to manage these converted files. I've disabled all handheld cache options but there must be something I'm missing. Any clues please?
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

Fabricio

• No one has patience with me.
Re: Stop converted files from being imported?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 07:46:50 am »

Is there a way to prevent converted audio files from being imported into the Library?
+1
How?

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 07:54:28 am »

Tools > Import > Auto Import - Click "Next"

Add the dummy handheld folder.

Select it in the list and click Edit button.
At the top, there is a drop down list of two options, set this folder to be ignored by auto import.

See if that helps.

-marko

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 02:38:30 am »

Ok thanks Marko. I ended up doing something similar before I saw your reply. I'm just a bit surprised that this isn't an option. I could've sworn it was. Anyhow, this works fine.
Z-Wave Home Automation

dildaly

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 04:24:48 am »

I have the same problem, but with video files which it has converted to be streamed to my android phone. J River is automatically importing them - despite the fact that I have auto import off!

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 08:24:48 am »

Yeah, auto import actually has nothing to do with this. What I ended up doing was excluding the cache folder from all of my audio views. Not the best solution as this doesn't stop MC importing these files. It's simply hiding the problem.

I really think an option is required to stop converted files of all formats from getting imported.
Z-Wave Home Automation

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2011, 11:01:16 am »

This does not happen to me. A library search does not find any of the files I have in my virtual handheld. Its location is outside the listed auto-import folders and I have the conversion cache feature set to None in Options > File Location > Conversion Cache > ...

(The virtual handheld is my "cache". I use it as a repository for syncing various devices and burning MP3 CDs. It would not make sense to store the converted files twice. I use a separate, different version of MC for maintaining a small standard library of the converted files, syncing physical devices and burning. I have set its Auto-Import to import only the virtual handheld location. MJ14 would work as well, but only for audio.)

I've disabled all handheld cache options but there must be something I'm missing.

As far as I know, the only "cache" option is now in the File Location options. Did you disable it there? If you don't have it disabled perhaps your are seeing the stacked cache files inside the media library.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up