INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2 questions/problems version 289  (Read 1237 times)

Riff

2 questions/problems version 289
« on: June 07, 2002, 07:44:16 am »

The first problem I have is that after I press ctrl-w to go to full screen mode and then press it again to go back to regular mode, MJ loses focus.  That means I have to click on the MJ screen again to be able to use the keyboard with MJ.  This is a problem for me because I use MJ with girder and a pronto (on a HTPC) and will not be using a keyboard/mouse combination.  Is there a solution to this?  I may be able to solve this using girder if it can't be solved via MJ.

Secondly, with regards to visualizations.   I use the setting random visualizations.  I was wondering if there was a way to keep MJ from displaying the visualizations which use album art if there is no album art available for the particular track it is playing.  About 70% of my songs have album art, but for those 30% that do not, I would prefer if MJ skipped the visualizations with its logo(not that the MJ logo isn't pretty).  It is really not that big of deal if it can't be done.

BTW, I love MJ.  I think it is the greatest product for my HTPC.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
RE:2 questions/problems version 289
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2002, 08:08:01 am »

Hey, thanks a lot Riff.

About the focus, I can't reproduce it.  The focus should go to the right-view on a return from full-screen.  How are you sending the Ctrl|PLS|W?  (don't send keystrokes, spy the actual command)

And about the visualizations, no dice in version 8.0.  But you could use MJ to fill in that missing cover art...

Thanks again Riff.

-Matt
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2002, 09:00:18 am »

I would like the focus to go to the "Search" ComboBox when i change to any screen that has the Search ComboBox
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Riff

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2002, 10:42:55 am »

I was using the exported group Media Jukebox 8 from the girder website.  I believe it does send the commands using actual keystrokes.  I tried to spy the command but was unable to get it to work to go to full screen.

The problem of losing focus only happens when visualizations or slide show is selected as the display plugin.  Focus is not lost if trackinfo or none is the display plugin.  Perhaps that will help you reproduce it.  Thanks and keep up the good work.

JimH

• Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2002, 01:50:50 pm »

Make sure you got the right Girder group.  There are two there -- one for 7 and one for 8.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

Riff

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2002, 11:40:25 pm »

I have the one for version 8.  Is nobody else able to reproduce this?  It happens every time I press ctrl-w twice if visualizations is selected.

JimH

• Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2002, 05:22:28 am »

Try reposting with a subject that includes "Girder" to attract the right readers.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox
Pages: [1]   Go Up