INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Netflix causes screen to rotate (switch to portrait)  (Read 3820 times)

Bengi010

• World Citizen
Netflix causes screen to rotate (switch to portrait)
« on: February 25, 2011, 09:06:36 pm »

This is a very odd quirk, and it has only been happening on my htpc which is an i3-550 using on-board graphics, but every time I start a Netflix movie right after it finishes buffering my monitor switches from landscape to portrait, causing everything to rotate 90 degrees.  
Intel Core i-5 6600K, Asus Z170-A ATX Motherboard, Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram, Asus Xonar Essence STX,
                                          Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 1000w PSU, Lian-Li PC-B25F ATX Tower,
                                   Dell S2716DG G-Sync Monitor & AOC 2230 Monitor, Corsair Hydro H60 Cooler,
                                                                    Windows 10, JRiver MC 23

Bengi010

• World Citizen
Re: Netflix causes screen to rotate (switch to potrait)
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 02:50:23 pm »

So as I mentioned this is happening with my htpc... one of the reasons I got MC, not the main reason obviously, but A reason was that it had a built in netflix feature with a slick interface that my wife can operate easily.  Anyway I can't very well watch my movies sideways so it's useless until I get a fix.  I don't want to get all edgy but if this is supposed to be tech support I could really use some help here. 

If you need specs or details or whatever let me know.  It's windows 7 64 bit OS, I guess I didn't mention that before.
Intel Core i-5 6600K, Asus Z170-A ATX Motherboard, Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram, Asus Xonar Essence STX,
                                                                    Windows 10, JRiver MC 23

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 04:21:16 pm »

I'm sorry, but I don't think that is an MC problem.  Try updating the video driver.

Try playing in your browsers to see what happens there.

Bengi010

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 04:56:36 pm »

Thanks for getting back to me, and thanks for your help with the cover art issue (different post).  Anyway I just built the computer 3 days ago so I'm pretty sure the drivers are up to date.  It doesn't happen in firefox, just MC.  I called netflix about an unrelated issue but mentioned this anyway, they had never heard of the problem... had never heard of MC either unfortunately so I told her to check it out.
                                                                    Windows 10, JRiver MC 23

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 04:59:51 pm »

Thanks for getting back to me, and thanks for your help with the cover art issue (different post).  Anyway I just built the computer 3 days ago so I'm pretty sure the drivers are up to date.  It doesn't happen in firefox, just MC.  I called netflix about an unrelated issue but mentioned this anyway, they had never heard of the problem... had never heard of MC either unfortunately so I told her to check it out.
Thanks for that.

Latest driver doesn't mean best.  Try removing the driver and letting Windows install one.

jmcafee

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 05:00:56 pm »

I have the same problem -- see my February 20 post. This was exclusive to MC; Netflix via a web browser works perfect.

Right now I'm not able to implement the suggestion from JimH.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2011, 05:04:23 pm »

I added a link to that thread in the previous post.

I'll combine the two threads.

Please report the version of MC you use and the video hardware used.

Bengi010

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011, 06:18:13 am »

I am running MC 15, the latest build, and using the built in gpu on the i-3 chip.
                                                                    Windows 10, JRiver MC 23

jmcafee

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2011, 12:38:07 am »

Same for me as Benji010

jmcafee

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2011, 05:29:03 pm »

Netflix now plays correctly with MC 16.063 and Silverlight  4.0.60129.0. I cannot tell you the Intel HD Graphics version, but it was the same as my previous post.
Pages: [1]   Go Up