INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What is MC doing when it displays "Analyzing Library File 1 of 47"  (Read 2881 times)

Vocalpoint

• Citizen of the Universe

Howdy,

As part of my MC routine - I do all of my Auto Imports - manually - but pressing a button on my lower tool bar. But recently - I have noticed MC displaying an odd message within it's Importing Media panel (lower left) when checking my main folder for new tracks. Whether I actually have new tracks out there to bring in or not - MC always displays "Analyzing Library File 1 of 47".

If I do have - say - a single new album out there with 12 tracks...this message will sit there for a bit and then the 12 tracks will be analyzed and that little Summary Window will display saying something like:

Library now has 17057 files. Search and update took 0:31.
Imported 12 new files.
Failed to import 4 files.

And if I click Show In-Depth summary - it will simply display the paths of the 12 tracks imported and the paths of the 4 not imported.

But it never tells me what it was analyzing to start with (the File 1 of 47) nor will it tell me what these files are or where they are. This happen every time I attempt an import whether there are new tracks or not. Last week - MC took about 7 minutes to complete this analysis and I still have no idea where these 47 files are or why they are constantly being scanned. Any ideas on where I can look?

Whatever they are - they seem like large files...possibly phantom movie files or podcast files...both of which I turned off from this MC install within the last 2 weeks or so.

Cheers!

VP

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: What is MC doing when it displays "Analyzing Library File 1 of 47"
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 03:45:56 pm »

It's normal to check all the files for changes or deletion.  But I don't understand "47" as opposed to "17057".

If you use network drives, it's possible unavailable network files are causing a slowdown.  You might make sure there are no missing files by running auto-import with "Remove broken links" set to "Yes" instead of "Yes (protect network files)".
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Vocalpoint

Re: What is MC doing when it displays "Analyzing Library File 1 of 47"
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 03:51:36 pm »

It's normal to check all the files for changes or deletion.  But I don't understand "47" as opposed to "17057".

If you use network drives, it's possible unavailable network files are causing a slowdown.  You might make sure there are no missing files by running auto-import with "Remove broken links" set to "Yes" instead of "Yes (protect network files)".

Matt,

Thanks! That was it - there were 38 dead links and a couple of other benign things....now that message is gone and the auto import zips right along...

VP
Pages: [1]   Go Up