INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wrong Cover Art  (Read 3854 times)

MrZip74

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Wrong Cover Art
« on: March 05, 2011, 08:55:39 pm »

I suppose this has been covered before, but I can't find it and I've been searching for an hour.  I'm sure it's a simple answer.  I ripped an album and Media Center loaded the wrong cover art.  How do I delete this wrong cover art?  I don't even care if I can get the correct one, I just want this wrong art gone.  Can anyone tell me an easy way to just get rid of it.

Also, is there an option the simply not display cover art?

Sorry if I'm being dense, but I don't do very much complex stuff.

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Cheers
Re: Wrong Cover Art
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 09:04:56 pm »

right click file-->cover art-->remove cover art
no option to not show cover art that I know of
Sean

MrZip74

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 09:19:54 pm »

Right click gives me two options:  Execute:File and Customize Toolbar.  I can't find a delete cover art anywhere.

Thanks.

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 09:28:28 pm »

I meant right click the file with incorrect cover art (song, album, etc) not file (menu)
Sean

MrZip74

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 02:41:07 pm »

Got it!  Many thanks.

MrZip74

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 03:08:05 pm »

I thought that fixed it but, but I was wrong.  Here's what I did.  I ripped a cd for Luther Kent.  Every track on the cd shows cover art for Luther Van Dross.  I highlighted each one, right clicked and selected remove cover art, then checked to remove cover art from the hard drive.  All the wrong cover art disappeared.  Then the next I played any track, the old Luther van Dross cover art appears again.  I keep deleting it, but it keeps coming back.

On a side note, I want a clean screen with just the playlist tree on the left and the file list on the right.  Now, I have a window above the file list that has a large view of the cover art, a tab for the playlist, a bunch of boxes that say play, shuffle, update order, and some other stuff.  Also on the top it has AMG, Google, Amazon and a bunch of other names.  I see no purpose for this window - at least for me.  Is there a way to turn this window off and just have a basic file list?

Any help on either of these annoyances would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 03:18:42 pm »

1) Can you explain where your cover art storage is configured (see attached)?

2) Are you seeing cover art for a) the ripped files, and/or b) the .cda files on the CD?

3) Is your cover art location on a network file system, or might there be a permissions issue that is preventing MC from deleting?
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

MrZip74

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2011, 04:11:46 pm »

I assume it was pulling it from the internet somewhere, because I don't have any music with the cover art that was being inserted.I solved the problem by scanning the cd art myself and putting it on my hd, then I went to cover art screen and specified to use a file selected from the hd.

Thanks for your offer of help.  Any suggestions for getting that annoying view off my display?

MrC

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2011, 04:31:59 pm »

No problem.

Which view?  There are several places where cover art can be visible (various views, display view, theater view, etc.).  For example:

MrZip74

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2011, 04:51:36 pm »

Cover Art problem solved...Thanks!!!

The other problem is that annoying box above the file list in Standard View when playing a playlist.  It's a box along the top that has no purpose as far as I can tell.  It contains cover art and some buttons that say play and unlock.  Also it shows Amazon, Google and some other things along the top.  I just want a simple file list on the right side and this thing takes up about 2 inches of row space.  If this box has a purpose, maybe you could let me know if it it might be some use to me.  But, I would prefer to just close it, I didn't have it in the earlier version of Media Center that I used.

MrC

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2011, 04:57:45 pm »

The other problem is that annoying box above the file list in Standard View when playing a playlist.  It's a box along the top that has no purpose as far as I can tell.  It contains cover art and some buttons that say play and unlock.  Also it shows Amazon, Google and some other things along the top.  I just want a simple file list on the right side and this thing takes up about 2 inches of row space.  If this box has a purpose, maybe you could let me know if it it might be some use to me.  But, I would prefer to just close it, I didn't have it in the earlier version of Media Center that I used.

Shows thumbnails, notes, customizable browser links.

See image to minimize:

MrZip74

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2011, 05:04:17 pm »

Man, do I feel stupid!

Of course, that worked perfectly.

A Thousand thanks!

popper

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2011, 01:26:35 pm »

is there a way to display jpg files with another name than folder.jpg (ex: front.jpg)?

MrC

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2011, 02:09:14 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up