INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Volume Problam  (Read 1293 times)

baba100

Volume Problam
« on: March 10, 2011, 10:07:18 pm »

Hi all

I’m using MC15 and I have problem with the sound level.
I notice that volume level of 15% (any number is the same) is too low, and even when I set to volume to max, is not so “load”

I open the DSP studio and chose the “equalizer” options in there, is slider named: “Pre Amp” I just click on in (not slid it up or down!) And I can hear clearly the volume level is up (around) by 10% (the general volume slider stay on 15%)

The problem is every time I start MC15 I need to open the DSP studio and click on the “Pre Amp” to get better volume level

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Volume Problam
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 11:32:57 am »

Adjusting a DSP can reset the 'Clip protection' (which turns down the signal to avoid clipping when a DSP increases the volume past 100%).

You could set the overflow mode to 'None' to see if this explains the issue.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Volume Problam
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 12:44:49 pm »

Also the Windows mixer in Vista and Windows 7 can temporarily reduce the volume level if the output would clip. (I have only read about this. I have never bothered to actually test the behavior so I don't know how exactly it works.)

EDIT

MC has several volume modes (internal, system, and application volume in Vista and Windows7). You can click the "speaker icon" near the volume slider or use the Player > Volume... menu to adjust the mode. For instance it is possible that on Vista or Windows 7 the application specific volume in the system mixer is set lower that maximum and in addition MC is set to use the Internal volume mode. In that case the maximum possible level is set by the Windows system mixer.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up