INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: SOLVED --> Not able to play music on my Onkyo receiver  (Read 31258 times)

mbagge

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Not able to play music on my Onkyo receiver [Solved]
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2011, 05:21:17 pm »

No.
Did a fresh wireshark comparison. I am making a wild guess now - please have patience with me.
I compared tcp.stream by tcp.stream. The first question is when the Onkyo sends a #GetSearchCapabilities
MC15 returns <SearchCaps>upnp:class,upnp:artist,@refID</SearchCaps>
MC16 returns <SearchCaps>dc:title,dc:creator,upnp:artist,upnp:genre,upnp:album,dc:date,upnp:originalTrackNumber,upnp:class</SearchCaps>

The next question is when MC sends its first #GetVolume and get its answer from Onkyo then
MC15 asks GET /scpd/AVTransport_1 HTTP/1.1
and MC16 asks GET /scpd/RenderingControl_1 HTTP/1.1 and thereafter as MC15

Later on when MC says #Play, MC15 plays and MC16 fails with dlnaerrorcode 716 - resource not found as it have done so far every time.

Does that make sense ? Is SearchCaps invalid ? Is get /scpd/rendercontrol out of sequence ?

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Not able to play music on my Onkyo receiver
« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2011, 10:19:14 am »

No.
Did a fresh wireshark comparison. I am making a wild guess now - please have patience with me.
I compared tcp.stream by tcp.stream. The first question is when the Onkyo sends a #GetSearchCapabilities
MC15 returns <SearchCaps>upnp:class,upnp:artist,@refID</SearchCaps>
MC16 returns <SearchCaps>dc:title,dc:creator,upnp:artist,upnp:genre,upnp:album,dc:date,upnp:originalTrackNumber,upnp:class</SearchCaps>
I see when the searchcaps changed (January). I don't think that should matter but I'm checking into it.
EDIT: the searchcaps changed on January 6th but the version of MC 16 from January 27th works, correct? (16.0.19). So it looks like that can't be it.
The next question is when MC sends its first #GetVolume and get its answer from Onkyo then
MC15 asks GET /scpd/AVTransport_1 HTTP/1.1
and MC16 asks GET /scpd/RenderingControl_1 HTTP/1.1 and thereafter as MC15

Later on when MC says #Play, MC15 plays and MC16 fails with dlnaerrorcode 716 - resource not found as it have done so far every time.

Does that make sense ? Is SearchCaps invalid ? Is get /scpd/rendercontrol out of sequence ?
Could you send me 2 traces, one with 15 and another with 16 starting from a cold powerup of the Onkyo with only the minimum necessary steps pushing a native mp3 (not flac or transcoded) file to the Onkyo? Perhaps I'll see something in there as well. Thanks!

mbagge

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2011, 04:40:02 pm »

The latest test build can play mp3's and flac's.

I hope what you did is a lasting solution and in compliance with what you want the dlna functionality to be in MC.
Do you have a short explanation to what made the difference ?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2011, 12:36:52 am »

The latest test build can play mp3's and flac's.

I hope what you did is a lasting solution and in compliance with what you want the dlna functionality to be in MC.
Do you have a short explanation to what made the difference ?

Yeah, everything is back in place the way it was EXCEPT for the partial content. Your device seems to require it. I can't see why since it doesn't seem to be correct (apache for example with the same request returns 200). We had to make that change to fix webkit based stuff (chrome, safari). I tracked down the current owner of the Onkyo firmware, Macrovision bought it. It doesn't seem that they are doing much with it. Sigh.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2011, 10:16:29 pm »

Wow! I totally missed this thread. My 5007 ws the same. It used to play via DLNA when I first got it, but then mysteriously stopped working. I just figured I screwed something up, and since the 5007 is connected to an HTPC running MC anyway, it didn't seem important. The first I heard that others had this issue was from the latest beta build thread.
Well done, guys. I'll try it soon!

steveklein

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2011, 01:52:18 pm »

Separate problem I believe, but I also am not able to play music on my Onkyo receiver (at least not the way I want to):

I have the Onkyo HT-180.

Whenever I try to play a song to my Onkyo, it says for me to check my settings, make sure my DLNA device can be controlled, etc.

Can you give me a run down of all the settings which are relevant to making it work? Is there some specific menu I have to be on in the Onkyo for it to "listen" to MC16 commands?

Thanks,
Steve

PS -- I see "Onkyo Receiver" in my list of zones and I also see my library on my receiver if I navigate to that point in the receiver's menus. However, I have not been able to sit in front of Media Center and been able to play music to different zones.

(I did crosspost this)

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2011, 02:13:37 pm »

Separate problem I believe, but I also am not able to play music on my Onkyo receiver (at least not the way I want to):

I have the Onkyo HT-180.

Whenever I try to play a song to my Onkyo, it says for me to check my settings, make sure my DLNA device can be controlled, etc.

Can you give me a run down of all the settings which are relevant to making it work? Is there some specific menu I have to be on in the Onkyo for it to "listen" to MC16 commands?

Thanks,
Steve

PS -- I see "Onkyo Receiver" in my list of zones and I also see my library on my receiver if I navigate to that point in the receiver's menus. However, I have not been able to sit in front of Media Center and been able to play music to different zones.

(I did crosspost this)
Build 16.0.86 or newer.
Generic DLNA profile. If you have upgraded from an older version you might want to delete and re-add it. (you could try turning DLNAExtra on, I'm not sure if the others were using it).
Make sure DLNA server and DLNA controller check-boxes are checked.

I don't know anything specific to the Onkyo that needs to be set, perhaps someone else with one will chime in if that's the case.

giamma

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2011, 01:17:27 pm »

Bob thanks so much for all the hard work

I am now able to play, again, all my music collection using my Onkyo 180 receiver and MC 16

I also love the new look for Gizmo, it works great as usual

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: May 12, 2011, 01:34:32 pm »

Bob thanks so much for all the hard work

I am now able to play, again, all my music collection using my Onkyo 180 receiver and MC 16

I also love the new look for Gizmo, it works great as usual
Thanks  :)

Your message is also a nice verification for SteveKlein that it should work for him too since you have the same model...

mbagge

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2011, 01:36:49 pm »

And a lot of thanks from me too.
It has been very inspiring to work with Bob allthough most of my suggestions didn't have much sense in them  ;). Bob had a lot of patience with me and luckily found what had changed a long time ago in MC16.

@Giamma: Would it be an idea to modify the title and have the word SOLVED in it ?

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
Re: SOLVED --> Not able to play music on my Onkyo receiver
« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2011, 05:41:38 pm »

Is anyone getting flac files to play? My Onkyo sees them, but doesn't play them. :(

mbagge

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #61 on: May 18, 2011, 11:32:24 am »

With MC16.0.86 and newer it plays flac like a dream.
Your dlna setting should just be 'Never convert' and 'uncompressed - L16 - No header' then you should start enjoying the best ever sound quality from your Onkyo.
(remember to Secure rip your music to avoid your cd/dvd drive to play tricks on you).

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2011, 12:24:41 pm »

With MC16.0.86 and newer it plays flac like a dream.
Your dlna setting should just be 'Never convert' and 'uncompressed - L16 - No header' then you should start enjoying the best ever sound quality from your Onkyo.
(remember to Secure rip your music to avoid your cd/dvd drive to play tricks on you).
Thank you! I'll try all this soon.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up