INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OK Monkey Boys... How do I do this ??  (Read 812 times)

PhatPhreddy

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Cosmic Comic
OK Monkey Boys... How do I do this ??
« on: June 06, 2002, 06:23:12 am »

As a possible way of getting the clicks on track changes out of my albums and also because I prefer to have my APE files of my albums as one big file...

I believe I can rip the whole album and compress as one large ape file and cue sheet... Then this cue sheet is converted to APL file which gives the track positions etc...

Can MJ work with these file types (APL |PLS| APE) for playback ??
CAN MJ Rip in this way ?? I find MJ's digital secure safe enough for me to leave EAC but want the tracks held together..
Phreddy@PhatPhreddy.net ICQ# 168975535
HTPC Front ends  

JimH

• Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
RE:OK Monkey Boys... How do I do this ??
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2002, 06:29:50 am »

APL will work with MJ.

I don't remember whether you know that Matt, of MJ fame, is also Matt, of Monkey's Audio fame.  MJ is his day job.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

ZRocker

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2002, 06:47:41 am »

PhatP,

Using MP3s, you might try a Playback setting of Cross-faded (Aggressive) with a duration of 0.1 seconds.  I never have pops and live concerts transition smoothly from track to track.  Also, you might cleanup your MP3s with mp3Trim (to get rid of annoying leading and trailing silence encoded in MP3s during the rip process).

PhatPhreddy

• Cosmic Comic
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2002, 07:21:21 am »

I had heard the 'developer' of MA was on the board but the first time I had found out that it was Matt.. BTW well done Matt... APE is the greatest...

So how to do the ripping... EAC and MA GUI only or can MJ do this ??

Gapless is the only possible setting for mix albums (200 or so in the collection) and stuff that does not have pauses... Also bootleg traders are only keen on DAO extraction and clicks or pauses are enough for complaint... Personally I am not going MP3 at all...
Phreddy@PhatPhreddy.net ICQ# 168975535
HTPC Front ends  

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2002, 08:03:22 am »

You'll need to use EAC and MA to create the APE |PLS| APL files. Once that's done, you can just import the APL files into MJ and play them as normal.

zevele1

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2002, 09:06:58 am »

JimH
The trade concerts i spoke about are legals.
FRom bands like G Dead,ABB,Blues Travelers and many more.The only rule is to not make money from it
Since years this concerts are on SHN format that you have to convert to WMA and ,from there convert in the format of your choice.
I'am sure that now people trade it on APE format.Not bigger than SHN,and unlike it a format you can play straigth away with a good sound
You do not expect Madona or U2 live at Wanagoudou to be on the net in APE

This kind of stuff-and full albums-can be found as one big file in MP3-Pro

Because of it you have more and more people asking for a MP3-PRO pluging when there is no place giving music in this format

My question was just about old stoned jam bands
Pages: [1]   Go Up