INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: mp3 encoding in trial version?  (Read 992 times)

sumwon

• Recent member
mp3 encoding in trial version?
« on: March 22, 2011, 04:16:45 pm »

Don't see this anywhere else --- does the trial version of MC16.0.55 allow mp3 encoding?

When I try to change to the mp3 encoder via tools --> options --> encoding, I get the message "There was a problem loading the selected encoder" and the same when trying to convert files in the UI. So is this encoder only available after registering?

Thanks in advance.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: mp3 encoding in trial version?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 04:26:17 pm »

I think you should be able to try also MP3 encoding (unless this has changed recently), but the encoder is not included in the program installer. MC needs to have Internet access to download the needed components automatically. It tries to do that when MP3 encoding is started or when the encoding settings are accessed if the components are missing.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

sumwon

• Recent member
Re: mp3 encoding in trial version?
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 04:33:21 pm »

Thanks for the info, I did not know the encoder would need to be downloaded. I had to allow MC through the firewall. Resolved.

If any developer happens to read this, it may be a good idea to add some indication of "internet connection or firewall passthrough needed" to the Information bar that pops up when the encoder can't be installed.

Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up