INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Making better use of the detached display?  (Read 1267 times)

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Making better use of the detached display?
« on: April 01, 2011, 06:05:40 pm »

Thoughts on this please :)
I've just embarked on a project to rate a decent number of my ~80,000 images for use in randomising desktop backgrounds. The 'best' way I've found to do this so far is to start playback of a random subset of images on a detached display in Zone 2 (2nd monitor) with a decent length transition inverval. I can then carry on with whatever I'm doing, and rate all the decent and rubbish stuff in passing. At the moment though, I haven't got a really decent way to do this. I've found the sidebar gadget, and this works relatively well, but I need to specifically click to open the tags as opposed to simply skimming over the ratings stars.
The Rainmeter plugin doesn't like images or multiple zones that I can see, so that's out.

The ideal solution would seem to be adding ratings stars (And for that matter other playback controls) to the detatched display, but does anyone have any better ideas than my current workaround.

-Leezer-

rick.ca

Re: Making better use of the detached display?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 07:18:47 pm »

Map zone-specific MCC commands to global keyboard shortcuts. The rating of the currently playing item in zone 2 will be changed even if you're working in another application and playing something else in another zone.

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
Re: Making better use of the detached display?
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 07:39:34 am »

The Rainmeter plugin doesn't like images or multiple zones that I can see, so that's out.

You can change the zone that the skin is using by editing the ini file to direct it to the desired zone
if you use -1 it selects the zone that is currently in playing now. For a list of zones use the following link,
you need to alter it if you are not using the default media server variables
http://127.0.0.1:52199/MCWS/v1/Playback/Zones

[MeasureRating]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Plugins\WebParser.dll
UpdateRate=10
Url=#Auth##MsUrl#/MCWS/v1/Playback/Info?Zone=-1
RegExp="(?siU)Rating">(.*)</Item.*"
Sean
Pages: [1]   Go Up