INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How about "Cow on the Run"?  (Read 1344 times)

Chico

How about "Cow on the Run"?
« on: June 05, 2002, 09:01:18 am »

This is an interesting story for those that want to take the time to read it.  Jim's "Book on the Run" made me think about it.

We have a building maintenance man here that is staight off the farm (literally a farm hand), named Dale.  Dale is an interesting individual. to say the least.  He would do anything for you and he has a wit to him that would put Milton Burl to shame.  He has this "I hate everybody and everything" attitude that makes him that much more lovable.  He swears he not pejudice, he hates everyone equally.  Dale had a small plastic model of a cow that he kept on his desk.  He called the cow "Moo", and considered it his favorite pet, as the cow would never talk back to him, cost nothing to feed, and didn'tleave any messes to be cleaned up.
One day when Dale came into work, Moo was gone and a note was left in its place.  The note read something like, "Dear Dale, I am tired of your attitude.  I am leaving you to see the world and to find greener pastures.  Love, Moo".
Dale was extremely pissed that his cow was missing and even went to HR to complain about his cow being stolen.  HR, naturally got a laugh out of the situation and assured him that the cow would probably show up somewhere, which didn't settle Dale down any.  Dales attitude got worse as the days followed.  He now had to find out what happenned to Moo.
Well, about a week later, Dale gets a letter in the mail with a French return address.  Wondering who in France would be sending him a letter, he promptly openned it and was surprised to see that it was from Moo.  The letter read, "Dear Dale, I am having a great time here in France.  Hope all is OK with you.  Love, Moo".  A picture accompanied the letter of his plasic cow in front of the Eiffel Tower.  A few days later, another letter from Germany arrived.  Sure enough, there was a picture of Moo living it up at the Octoberfest.
As the weeks progressed, more letters would come in from all over the world with an accompanying picture of Moo.  There were pictures of the Sistine Chapel, the Vatican, The pyramids in Egypt, Mount Everest, Niagra Falls, Disney Land, Niagra Falls, Hawaii, The World Trade Center, and so on.  Moo had appearently been on a very adventurous journey.
Dale had started a scrapbook for Moo of all the pictures that were sent to him of Moo on its world tour.  By this time, Moo was getting quite popular around our plant, as everyone was wondering where Moo would show up next.
One day, a woman that works here came into my office and says. "I have the cow! What should we do with it?"  Realizing that she was the one behind Moo's excapades, I had to think of something good for Moo (who had seen it all by now).  So I got my digital camera, and took pictures of Moo from every angle.  I then went to the Budwiser web site and downloaded a picture of the Bud Frogs on their stones in the swamp with the Lou, the Bud Lizard on the center stone, geting tongue slapped by the frogs.  The the magic of digital wizardry, I removed the lizard from the picture and placed Moo on the center stone.  It was one of my finest works.
Sure enough, about a week later, Dale gets a picture post card from Hollywood, with an accompanying letter stating that Moo had tried to get into commercials, but it hurt to much.  That postcard got the biggest laugh out of all that saw it.
Moo is now back at Dales desk with a chain around it's neck and bolted to the desk to ensure that Moo doesn't escape again.
The real funny thing is that I was listenning to the radio about a month later, and someone had actually called in and gave the whole story of Moo and it's advetures around the world.  The cow is liturally a celeberty in this area.  Who'd of thunk it?

If anyone has space on their web page, I'd like to e-mail the picture I made of Moo with the Bud Frogs to them, and have it shown here.  Any takers?

Chico

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
RE:How about
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2002, 09:14:17 am »

Can I have it, please?  Please?  I'll put it up in a nanosecond.

jimh @ jriver.com

Great story!!!
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

claudio

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2002, 09:32:33 am »

Great story... Actually there is the same story in the movie "Amelie" with the gardengnome where ..... well if you haven't seen it I won't spoil it. It has an happy ending

Claudio

ChicoSelfs

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2002, 09:39:15 am »

I want one please

chicoselfs@hotmail.com
Made in Portugal

DocLotus

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2002, 10:16:34 am »

Picture... Yes.  Go for it!

JimH

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2002, 10:48:03 am »

Jim Hillegass

Chico

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2002, 10:53:14 am »

Thanks Jim,
Ya know, the only other thing I should have done was to change the logo in the lower right to read, "Budmooser".  That would have been the icing on the cake.

JimH

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2002, 10:56:58 am »

Perhaps it was weiser not to.
Jim Hillegass

Chico

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2002, 11:04:23 am »

Next Page

ChicoSelfs

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2002, 11:19:21 am »

***** Stars hehe
Made in Portugal

Smiler

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2002, 12:32:14 pm »

LMAO Next Page

Smiler

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2002, 12:34:08 pm »

Can I also recomend the movie "Amelie" very funny and heartwarming too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up