INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Field  (Read 2185 times)

AssadMawad

• Recent member
New Field
« on: March 20, 2011, 06:04:56 am »

hi,
i'm trying to read this value for the mp3 file:
comment:Songs-DB_Custom1
comment:Songs-DB_Custom3
comment:Songs-DB_Custom4
comment:Songs-DB_Occasion

these tags come from a plugin to picard the lastfmplus: http://tiptoes.hobby-site.com/mbz/lastfm/lastfmplus.html

but i tried many combination for the value and didn't work!
any ideas?

using MC16 latest build

thx

bunglemebaby

• Galactic Citizen
Re: New Field
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 12:19:40 pm »

I can't comment directly on importing those exact tags, however I import metadata from that same plugin in a more round about manner using Mp3Tag (freeware). Using Mp3Tag I can parse the data imported into the tags and put it into fields of my own choosing, which then import into MC rather nicely. I believe there is a tutorial for using Mp3Tag in this manner on the LastfmPlus website. Once you get your scripts/regular expressions set up there's almost no effort to it.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 03:09:41 pm »

The ID3v2 custom COMM tags (= comments) with descriptive headers are not supported anymore. Starting with MC13 all custom (aka user) fields are stored to TXXX tags (e.g. TXXX My User Field).

The older MC versions used COMM tags with descriptive headers instead of TXXX tags, but even those were not fully customizable because the header always started with the "Media Jukebox" string (e.g. Comment Media Jukebox: Custom 1)

As bunglemebaby said, it is possible to use Mp3tag for copying those COMM tags to TXXX tags. You can use its "Action" feature for that. (I can provide instructions if needed.)

Regarding the Picard tags, MC supports most if not all of them directly. Picard uses the TXXX frames for custom data. You would just need to create the correctly named user fields in MC first. I am not familiar with "LastfmPlus".
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

AssadMawad

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 05:37:45 pm »

Alex, actually i was using you're method when i found not very useful when you're updating you're whole library!
and i don't think there's another alternate for that  :-[

anyway thanks

bunglemebaby

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 06:10:53 pm »

Assad,
everything that Alex mentioned should be able to work well for a whole library update, unless I've missed something. Which piece is holding you up for bulk updates?

AssadMawad

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2011, 05:08:41 am »

everything that Alex mentioned should be able to work well for a whole library update, unless I've missed something. Which piece is holding you up for bulk updates?

yes i know but i have like a 70 000 songs and take a long time to copy these fields to a new fields and then update j river library! i can tell 2 days of non stop updating and still i'm half way  :-\
anyways i really appreciate your help
thx guys

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 09:14:02 am »

I do not completely follow this discussion, but you know that you can move data from one field in MC to another right? Bulk operation on as many files as you want. Try out the library tools.
That together with adding the right custom fields in MC with the correct data type, should be able to solve some of your problems I think.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

AssadMawad

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2011, 09:58:11 am »

I do not completely follow this discussion, but you know that you can move data from one field in MC to another right? Bulk operation on as many files as you want. Try out the library tools.
That together with adding the right custom fields in MC with the correct data type, should be able to solve some of your problems I think.
yes i know it but the problem is i have some fields that are old enough that MC wouldn't read them  ;)

AssadMawad

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2011, 02:52:16 pm »

it is possible to use Mp3tag for copying those COMM tags to TXXX tags. You can use its "Action" feature for that. (I can provide instructions if needed.)

i'm stuck here ? Alex can you help me...

thx

AssadMawad

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2011, 04:18:24 pm »

Never mind it works now  8)
the method:
in mp3tag:
create new action:
Action type: Format value
Field: track_Decade
Format string: %comment:Songs-DB_Custom1%

Field: Occasion
Format string: %comment:Songs-DB_Occasion%

Field: Others_tags
Format string: %comment:Songs-DB_Custom4%

then run this action

after that create a field in MC whith the same names as above (occasion,track_decade, others_tags,...)
let MC update library from tags

et voila!
Pages: [1]   Go Up