INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC16 Refresh of Updated Tag Info...11  (Read 1637 times)

dasmodul

• Recent member
MC16 Refresh of Updated Tag Info...11
« on: May 15, 2011, 10:36:08 pm »

Apologize in advance as I'm a bit frustrated.  First in MC15 and now MC16 it's the same. Example: looking in Standard > Audio > Albums view. Double-clicked on previously imported album  to bring up track lists with artist, album, rating, track, disc info etc. Found some errors, went to my tagging program and fixed some names, disc info and saved. I cannot get MC16 to update with the new info for the lift of me. Shouldn't this program just auto read the new tags every time? how do you refresh? F5 isn't doing anything. This is rediculous....I've deleted and re-imported this album 5 times hoping it picks up new info, but it keeps showing the old one..@!$y2...

kensn

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC16 Refresh of Updated Tag Info...11
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 10:42:10 pm »

Yoy might try to delete them from the libray (library only, not the files) and reimport them. MC will show the changes if you retag them from the MC program automaticly, and update its library. If you change the files externaly it sounds like MC reads from its library and uses the tags it read on import.

Hope this helps..

Forgot you can also right click a file - library tools - update libray (from tags)....  sorry bout that...

Ken
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

dasmodul

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 11:20:02 pm »

I've tried re-importing and it does nothing. As you said, MC seems to read from it's library and doesn't like to update. Is there a way to manually delete that album entry from MC library manually?

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 11:42:03 pm »

Yes ..  Right click an album or file and click - delete. A pop up window will appear, make sure the radio button - "Remove from media libray" is selected and click delete. When you reimport the files make sure "Ignore files previously removed from libray" is not checked in the second screen of the import screens.

Did you try right clicking the file and choosing libray tools - update from tags?
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

rick.ca

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2011, 11:44:36 pm »

If you want to update the library from tags, use the command for doing so (as kensn has now mentioned twice). It doesn't happen automatically, nor should it. But it will Update tags when file info changes if that option is set. Why are you using an external tagger to change the tags? Unless you have unusual requirements or the tagger is getting meta data that MC cannot, it's easier and more effective to tag with MC.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 03:01:44 am »

MC keeps track of deleted files. Practically this happens by flagging the deleted library files as deleted. All library data is still kept until the auto-importer clears the entries (this will happen automatically if the files are deleted also from the disk and the auto-importer is set to run in background and fix broken links).

As said, Library Tools > Update library (from tags) will always reread the file tags and update the library accordingly.

Also the Auto-import feature can notice changed files and automatically reread the file tags when the "Update for external changes" auto-import option is enabled and you have not set your external tagger to preserve the file modification date/time stamps.

Finally, MC 16 has a new smartlist feature that can show the deleted files in a smartlist if you wish to remove them manually and thus clear all previous file data even if the disk files are still present:
In the smartlist wizard select Modify Results > Limit database to: Removed or open the Import/Export box and type (or paste): ~d=r
When the deleted files are deleted once again from a "~d=r" smartlist they will be fully erased from the database. (Just take care that you select the "Remove from Media Library" option in the "Confirm Action" window.)
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

dasmodul

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 02:29:39 am »

Okay,
I had a feeling MC was keeping the data even when files are removed from library, hence the headaches. As for the Library Tools > Update Library from Tags it works half-assed at best. Worked one time last night on a re-import, tonight, I've tried it 10+ times on one file, "B52's - Roam.flac" . The disc number continues to appear blank after updates, though I've re-tagged the file 3x and verified in 4 other applications that the value is in the tag. MC is the only one that just can't see it. Better yet, I thought let me re-tag it in MC and see if it works. It did. It put Disc 2 finally where it should, but no matter what I did after, it would not sort it right. It put it right after song 18 of Disc 1 instead of after 17 of disc 2 where it belongs. :) Oh, I got two other complete albums i had to re-import with the same issue. Reads all the files right except Disc is blank. Just can't see it......

dasmodul

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2011, 02:46:39 am »

To help others that might ever run into this, make sure when you tag DISC numbers it's either 1,2,3, etc. or 01,02,03..MC doesn't seem to like other variants numbering.
Pages: [1]   Go Up