INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: missing artist tag and ydab configuration  (Read 1384 times)

jasonz29

missing artist tag and ydab configuration
« on: November 19, 2011, 08:35:47 pm »

Hi All,

I have been searching endlessly to find a solution to this and i hope you can help. this is somewhat of a multi-part question so bare with me
-i have all of my music stored on a NAS drive in WAV (i have a higher resolution stereo system so the difference is noticable)
-i was previously using a system that was able to label all of my music with tags that i no longer can use
-when i transferred my music to jriver, it actually picked up almost all of the info HOWEVER, for some reason, it did not tag the artist for 50% of my music
-when i attempted to use the ydab, it did not offer an option for the entire album as the instruction manual suggests, i could only find the option to try and find info on each individual track. so question #1 would be how do i use the ydab service to search for the tags for an entire album?
-i dont mind entering the artist info manually, and i have figured out how to do that, but i cant figure out how to then tag the actual file with the info so that my sonos system will actually show the artist also
i thank you in advance for your assistance.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: missing artist tag and ydab configuration
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2011, 11:32:51 pm »

Consider use a lossless, tag-able format.

Here's some help on WAV tagging:

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/WAV_%26_AIFF_Tagging
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Vincent Kars

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: missing artist tag and ydab configuration
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 06:20:17 am »

The problem with WAV is that it can be perfectly tagged but due to a lack of standards portability of the tags between applications is low.
The first thing to check is if the method used by JRiver is supported by Sonos as well.
If not I recommend a conversion to a lossless format supported by both e.g. FLAC

http://thewelltemperedcomputer.com/KB/WAV_KB.htm
Pages: [1]   Go Up