INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: removing "old" libraries?  (Read 1621 times)

laerm

• Galactic Citizen
removing "old" libraries?
« on: April 03, 2011, 11:57:36 am »

Hi all --

So, it seems like I'm missing the old-style remote library management feature. I have an old remote library in MC -- i.e. connection settings have changed since I created it -- but I can't figure out how to delete it, so I had to create a new one. If I were able to access its settings, I could have just changed them. So I guess I see two options: allow us to change the settings of saved remote libraries, or allow us to delete saved remote libraries.

Thanks!
Micah

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: removing "old" libraries?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 12:02:48 pm »

Right click the library under Playing Now, Delete.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

laerm

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 12:12:52 pm »

Right click the library under Playing Now, Delete.

...and if you click on it, there are management options. D'oh! I never even noticed those libraries were accessible that way. Thanks very much.

Uh, while we're here, I have another (probably) obvious question. Loading a library in MC15 used to show another zone in Playing Now that you could use to play files remotely. There was a "here" and a "there" and if I wanted to queue up files from my laptop to play in the main system, I hit ctrl-T and then "play" played on the library server machine. It doesn't seem to do that anymore. How can I get this back? (Yeah, I know, wrong thread for it, I'll repost if you suggest.)

Thanks again...
Micah

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 12:24:23 pm »

Zones will be under Playing Now.  Here are a couple of ways to send files to a zone. 

1) Activate it  by selecting it.  I keep a tab open for Playing Now.  The tab's title will be the active zone.  ^T will cycle through the zones available.  Songs played with Play will go to this zone.

2) Select your tracks or playlist, and right click Send To -> and select the zone from the list of zones in the sub-menu and the play option from the sub-menu.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

laerm

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 12:32:44 pm »

Yeah, that I know, that's how I used to do it. Now when I load a remote library, I don't get any new zones. "Send to" doesn't have any other options either.

Micah

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2011, 12:50:38 pm »

I think that is what I am seeing also...

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=63425.0

Ken
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

laerm

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2011, 01:02:52 pm »

I think that is what I am seeing also...

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=63425.0

Hmm, nope, my problem isn't exactly the same...or, at least I can't get the remote machine to show up by creating a new zone and calling it "REMOTE".

I think I'll repost in a new thread with this problem...thanks for your help, guys.

Micah
Pages: [1]   Go Up