INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: new computer; old registration key  (Read 2159 times)

hcs_19

• Recent member
new computer; old registration key
« on: April 02, 2011, 02:03:17 pm »

Hi. I paid $39.98 for a life-time use of JRiver Media Center back in 2007. My old laptop recently crashed so I'm now up and running on a new one. I tried downloading the latest version of Media Center (15) and then plugging in my registration code in the Restore page, and it said invalid. I'm wondering what's wrong? Is my "permanent proof of purchase" no longer valid? If it is, do I have to download the old version (12) for it to work. But now I see they are offering version 14 for free? So does that mean my lifetime use really wasn't life-time, it was only for the original version I purchased? What is my best course of action now ... download 14 and try to forget about the fact that I paid $39.98 thinking it was forever but it really wasn't? Thanks for your guidance. This is the best software app out there so I don't mind at all downloading/using an old version. I just don't want to waste time setting things up in a newer version only to later learn that my Registration Code doesn't work on that one. Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: new computer; old registration key
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 02:23:26 pm »

Hi. I paid $39.98 for a life-time use of JRiver Media Center back in 2007. My old laptop recently crashed so I'm now up and running on a new one. I tried downloading the latest version of Media Center (15) and then plugging in my registration code in the Restore page, and it said invalid. I'm wondering what's wrong? Is my "permanent proof of purchase" no longer valid? If it is, do I have to download the old version (12) for it to work. But now I see they are offering version 14 for free? So does that mean my lifetime use really wasn't life-time, it was only for the original version I purchased? What is my best course of action now ... download 14 and try to forget about the fact that I paid $39.98 thinking it was forever but it really wasn't? Thanks for your guidance. This is the best software app out there so I don't mind at all downloading/using an old version. I just don't want to waste time setting things up in a newer version only to later learn that my Registration Code doesn't work on that one. Thanks!
You need to download MC12:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Old_Versions

Consider upgrading to MC16.  It's $22.98 right now.

The Purchase link above has more info about licenses.

hcs_19

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 11:10:54 am »

Thank you! Just to clarify, I can't just upgrade to MC14 since that is advertised as Free?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 11:14:05 am »

Media Center 14 isn't free.  It's also not sold any longer.  You could use Media Jukebox 14.

hcs_19

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 07:00:03 pm »

Thank you! I didn't realize there were two products (Media Center and Media Jukebox). I'll try to figure out which will better suit my needs. I really only want it for the music so maybe Jukebox. Anyway - thanks for making a great product. I look forward to using it again on my new laptop.
Pages: [1]   Go Up