INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Raw .ac3  (Read 2224 times)

pete3108

• Recent member
Raw .ac3
« on: March 08, 2011, 02:28:53 am »

Hi - I have some raw .ac3 files that have been demuxed from a DVD.  These can be imported into MC but it won't play them (Foobar can so I know they work fine).  I have got ac3 filters and stuff and MC can play the audio straight from the DVD itself but just not the raw files.

Has anyone managed to play raw .ac3 in MC please?

This is a concert DVD that has a high bitrate 2.0 and also a 5.1 DD soundtrack but no LPCM.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Raw .ac3
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 10:45:39 am »

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 10:49:28 am »

Same here.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

pete3108

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 02:44:54 am »

Thanks - have this working - Options, Tools, File Types and then configured JRiver engine audio (direct show) and AC3 file and AC3 filters.

maxxsid

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 08:44:52 pm »

Hello,
I have this problem every upgrade season and sometimes in between...
Please help! I am pulling my hair for the 3rd day over this.
I have a few audio *.ac3 and dts (*.wav) albums. Quite a few video files with ac3 soundtracks too, obviously.
For some reason MC stops playing either one of the formats or all of them at some point and I have to struggle to make it work again.
What I found back in MC14 days was that if I assign JRiver Video Engine instead of Audio (for ac3 and DTS audio) then it would fix the issue. http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=53855.0
MC15 came and the multichannel playback was broken again (white noise or "helicopter" sound).
What I found then was that I had to switch the Audio Output from ASIO to Kernel streaming - that fixed the issue.
Now. MC16 came and the multichannel playback is broken again...
I have MC15 and MC16 installed on the same PC.
MC15 plays multichannel tracks correctly, MC16 doesn't. All settings are the same.

Using:
AC3Filter, AC3File
Realtek HD Audio 7.1
SPDIF output (optical)

With the Kernel Streaming I can get DTS working but sometimes it comes out as just stereo (AC3Filter inactive), sometimes it comes out as multichannel via spdif but also produces white noise through stereo analogue outputs.

If I switch to ASIO4ALL then DTS doesn't work - MC outputs the "helicopter" noise.

AC3 doesn't work at all. In Kernel mode, MC complains that something 48000Hz is not compatible with something else. In Asio mode I get either nothing or the white noise through the analogue outputs.

AC3 in video files works.

Media Player Classic, plays AC3 just fine, DTS is the same as in MC - multichannel from spdif but also white noise via analogue.

I realize that this kind of problems are hard to fix - but maybe someone can give me at least a hint... Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
--max

maxxsid

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 10:56:05 pm »

Out of desperation I switched Audio Output from ASIO/Kernel to Direct Sound and now all is OK!
Strange, since I always thought that to get spdif/multichannel to work everything has to be asio and bit-perfect and such.

However,
I still have to use JRiver Video Engine instead of Audio to get ac3 and dts audio files to work properly - is this normal?

Thanks,
--max
Pages: [1]   Go Up