INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library Server and Cover art  (Read 1592 times)

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Library Server and Cover art
« on: April 03, 2011, 09:57:53 am »

I'm just wondering how cover art is handled with Server and clients. I added a server a couple of weeks ago and used AutoMeta to download all covers for my 250 movies. Now, 150 of them is gone. Both on my server and clients. How can this be? Anyone have any clue?

And do I need to rebuild the cover art for all clients? In other words, are thumbnails stored locally even though we're using Library server? Do I have to build thumbnails on my server at all?
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

Lasse_Lus

Re: Library Server and Cover art
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 10:15:16 am »

And do I need to rebuild the cover art for all clients? In other words, are thumbnails stored locally even though we're using Library server?

yes
MT5FR

MrHaugen

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 12:31:51 pm »

Ok. So, the cover art should behave no differently at a client rather than a standalone MC installation then. I'm seeing a lot of strange behavior on the client side after changing to server/client.

I know for certain that I updated my video folders with nice folder.jpg files a few days ago. Now it seems that most of them is gone. Can this be a part of the Delete Orphans option under Thumbnail options? In addition to missing cover art, I also experience a lot of images that simply have no cover in Theater View. I have to select them to get any image at all. And if that is not enough, it often takes seconds for the new cover to appear at the info panel if a new video is selected. I've had the odd video having no cover art before, but now things like this is dramatically increased.

Can the MetaData plugin it self remove covers if used in the wrong way?

Lasse_Lus

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 12:33:55 am »

sorry haugen, i don't use theatre view, so i'm not updated in that area. but thumbnails have their settings per user/client..and you can't upload coverart to the server
MT5FR

MrHaugen

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 03:52:02 am »

I just did a huge job on the server. Used the MetaData plugin and manually updated all my movies, with all the correct data written in the correct tags. The changes got synced back to the clients and I just rebuilt the thumbnails to be sure. Now everything seems to be in order.

Perhaps it was some strange settings I had in MetaData it self that messed up things. Who knows.
Pages: [1]   Go Up