INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: View pane (That little Arrow that expands)  (Read 1165 times)

locust

• Citizen of the Universe
View pane (That little Arrow that expands)
« on: September 26, 2011, 11:09:29 am »

See in the view pane the Album, Artist, Album Artist etc. all have a little arrow that expands to more of whatever it says..

I've added a picture circling it.

My question is, can I make this little arrow appear for custom fields?

If this isn't possible does anybody know why? Could it be allowed in the future??

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: View pane (That little Arrow that expands)
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 11:50:44 am »

It's not currently possible for custom fields.  Maybe someday.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

locust

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 12:11:05 pm »

I hope so

U have my vote for this..

It would bring great extra functionality for my custom remixer and supporting artist field.

Although I noticed that the stock field Album Artist doesn't have the arrow. I wonder why..

It would be cool if you could make your own fields act like stock fields. :)

vagskal

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 12:38:27 pm »

I support this request and I would like to add one small enhancement request to the current function: Search for instances of the clicked field that _contain_ (instead of _is_) the clicked string. I often click on the handy little arrow in the artist field to find all albums by that artist in order to change some tag for an entire album, but with the current function tracks on the album where the clicked artist has a guest artist are omitted in the search result and I end up with inconsistent tags for the album.

(Yes, I know I could instead click on the corresponding arrow in the album field, or use a field relational to album, but I tend to forget that. Would it hurt/confuse anyone to find all instances of the field in question that just contain the string?)

Thanks.

xplain

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 08:56:01 am »

I support this request and I would like to add one small enhancement request to the current function: Search for instances of the clicked field that _contain_ (instead of _is_) the clicked string. I often click on the handy little arrow in the artist field to find all albums by that artist in order to change some tag for an entire album, but with the current function tracks on the album where the clicked artist has a guest artist are omitted in the search result and I end up with inconsistent tags for the album.

I have a little work around for this, I will show you some screen shots later to day, as
I can't explain it with out images.
Just need to get from work first.

Thomas
Pages: [1]   Go Up