INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC needs better error protection  (Read 1293 times)

HiFiTubes

• Citizen of the Universe
MC needs better error protection
« on: March 11, 2011, 09:09:03 pm »

When MC looks for something (usually video) that isn't configured right or source location, or playback device isn't found...MC gets bogged down and becomes unusable.

If I find time to post logs I will. It's pretty easy to reproduce.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: MC needs better error protection
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 09:21:25 pm »

Please provide more details, like file types, hardware configuration, etc.  Also, a log would be helpful.

I just tested both the DAC disconnected and the drive disconnected states for both audio and video playback.  Media Center handled both nicely.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

HiFiTubes

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 09:25:24 pm »

Interesting, maybe your system has something as an alternate available?

Honestly, it seems like the "if" in "use a local file for playback" never works....I prefer to use local file but if the mapped drive is offline, MC just sits there stuck.

I'll find time to dig up some logs.

Please provide more details, like file types, hardware configuration, etc.  Also, a log would be helpful.

I just tested both the DAC disconnected and the drive disconnected states for both audio and video playback.  Media Center handled both nicely.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 11:47:34 am »

When MC looks for something (usually video) that isn't configured right or source location, or playback device isn't found...MC gets bogged down and becomes unusable.

I was able to reproduce this at home when playing a video when ASIO couldn't open my soundcard (due to a configuration issue).

Coming in 16.0.66 and later:
Fixed: When using the JRiver audio renderer for video playback, errors to open the output will stop playback quickly and show an error message (previously Directshow could spend several minutes bogged down in a retry loop before showing an error).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up