INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Output Directory Can Not Be Created  (Read 4168 times)

rkhorton

• Junior Woodchuck
Output Directory Can Not Be Created
« on: April 11, 2011, 11:31:29 pm »

I am ripping a large collection of Cd's and usually have no problems.  However, this error message appears when ripping certain discs:  Output directory can not be created.  Please check under ripping options...
I'm not sure what is happening, and what the remedy would be under ripping options.  To throw something else in the mix, I have come across a few Cd's that won't rip at all.  The  directory is created (folder) but when selecting the rip button, the software freezes. You can see that the first track is 'ripping' but the drive fails to respond.  If you click cancel, the software freezes, you get a while screen and the program crashes.  I have found this problem with both versions 15 and 16.  Any idea what could be causing this problem?  Thanks in advance, Richard

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Output Directory Can Not Be Created
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 10:23:38 am »

I think you've had a couple of posts on this, so it appears you're still having issues and couldn't find those threads:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?action=profile;u=28303;sa=showPosts

On the later issue w/some CDs not ripping, this is likely any or all of (in order of liklihood: 1) the CD has defects and reading is failing, 2) the CD drive is defective (or not very good), and/or 3) the CD is copy-protected.

Options are to try ripping same disc w/another CD drive, verify CD does not have any copy protection (logos will often indicate such, Amazon and user's product comments might give clues.

Many CD drives become very dusty as users rarely open up their systems and blow out the accumulated dust, which can be significant (impeding airflow, fan movement, cause parts to overheat, become a fire hazard).  While most CD drives are essentially encased, restricted and hence changed air flow patterns can cause much dust to accumulate.  (I once cleaned my sister's system, which had more dust, lint and dog-hair than a clothes dryer's lint screen full from a freshly dried set of new towels.  It entirely caused the floppy drive - remember those - to fail, and the CD Rom was intermittently failing).
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

eapool

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 01:18:51 pm »

I am not sure if this is the same issue I was having, but on the off chance it is, I will tell you what I found.  A few months back, I had a disk I was trying to rip and I was getting the same error "Output directory could not be created".  I verified the disk would play.  I verified that the directory I was trying to rip to was ok, by creating a sub-directory myself.  Then I looked closely at the name of the album that was imported and I noticed that there were double spaces between a couple of words in the album name.  I took the extra space out and everything worked fine.  The other thing that I always check is illegal characters in the album/ artist names.  Obviously this only applies if you are using the artist/ album name to create the directory as you rip the cd, but if you are, check the names.

I hope this helps,

Alex

juice370

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2011, 03:30:12 pm »

May be related to your issue, may be just for sharing with a network. I had this last night on a new PC. Fixed it as follows: Right click on folder where you rip too > Security tab > Edit > check all that are relevant. Failing that click Add > type Everyone in box > OK. Off memory that sorted it on my machine.

Pages: [1]   Go Up